Yes, BBC1SD EPG back to normal.

| Thu 14 Nov 2019 16:36:37 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

A1944 - 4 days ago  » 

GrahamRHK - 1 min ago  » 

The settings screen shows:

Well I am stumped... for the moment. The DNS server settings are what I would expect to see. One final test you might perform is to check the same network status when you next have the problem - and before you clear the cookies.
    Incidently, BBC1 SD (not catchup) is currently showing "No Information" beyond 1545 today.

Its working for me as I write.

OK, I will check them next time.
    As for BBC1, it may well be correct here by now, but I cannot check at the moment. I have seen these temporary disappearances before and usually (touch wood!) they don't last long.

It is now 5 days later and, curiously, the catchup EPG was still holding up a short time ago.

Interesting! I wonder how long it will last.

| Tue 19 Nov 2019 12:31:01 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Since I last commented upon this issue, both the catchup and main EPGs have been rock solid (hope I won't regret that comment ).

So it looks very much as if the action I outlined previously in post 9 has sorted the problem. Fingers crossed!

From Post 9:

I have been relying on clearing the cookies until now, but with a struggle I have managed to change the DNS to OpenDNS (208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220) on the router and the box has picked it up, so will be interesting to see what happens.

| Sat 7 Dec 2019 15:32:17 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

A1944 - 4 hours ago  » 
    Since I last commented upon this issue, both the catchup and main EPGs have been rock solid (hope I won't regret that comment ).

Good. What puzzles me is why it works for some people but not others.

| Sat 7 Dec 2019 19:44:54 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

It might be the fact that I set it on the router first and let the box pick it up, rather than leaving the router as it was and just setting the DNS on the box (which can only be done via an Ethernet connection, it appears).

| Sun 8 Dec 2019 0:10:05 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mike555

geoffcc - 1 mnth ago  » 
    OK I have looked this up and yes, I should be getting 7 days of historic EPG, but I am not. I am guessing if I ask Humax support they are going to say do a dreaded factory reset. I guess I may have to try this.
    I wonder why the past EPG information is not being displayed? I can in fact scroll back 7 days, but all there is is the 'No program information' message for all channels. I basically have a a Freeview box rather than a Freeview play box at the moment. Anyone any ideas how to fix?

I had the same problem, I knew from my last box how to correct it .. just delete all the duplicated channels from a different area .. in my case my area is North West but I also had the same channels from Wales .. I deleted the Welsh duplicates.. and now have the full range of EPG

| Sun 15 Dec 2019 13:01:16 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mike555

I had the same problem, I knew from my last box how to correct it .. just delete all the duplicated channels from a different area .. in my case my area is North West but I also had the same channels from Wales .. I deleted the Welsh duplicates.. and now have the full range of EPG

| Sun 15 Dec 2019 13:14:14 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

simclean

I have the same problem with my F4000T. No historic EPG at all.

I've tried the DNS fixes posted here, changed my router config successfully and could still connect to the internet via my wired PC, yet the Humax box was showing no connection to the internet, but connection to the router was fine.

I tried to delete cookies as also advised and just got a 'no entry' sign displayed in the top right of the screen.

I agree it's an annoying problem, I basically have a freeview box instead of freeview plus.

| Tue 31 Dec 2019 8:00:53 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

simclean - 25 mins ago  » 
    I tried to delete cookies as also advised and just got a 'no entry' sign displayed in the top right of the screen.

When you are on the Info page with the blue "DELETE COOKIES" option don't press OK, press the + on your remote. You will then get a yes/no prompt.

| Tue 31 Dec 2019 8:30:50 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

simclean - 5 hours ago  » 
    I've tried the DNS fixes posted here, changed my router config successfully and could still connect to the internet via my wired PC, yet the Humax box was showing no connection to the internet, but connection to the router was fine.

What make and model of router?

| Tue 31 Dec 2019 13:43:44 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.