My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP-5000T EPG losing programme information

(22 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

I was looking for the Freeview standard which says how rapidly the EPG should populate when I came across What is the EPG (Electronic Programme Guide)?. It says:

If you have a product with Freeview On Demand, pressing the EPG or GUIDE button would display a TV schedule supplied by the manufacturer (the native EPG rather than the Freeview Guide).

To view the Freeview Guide, connect to broadband and select Full Guide on the Freeview pop up displayed each time you change channel.

On all products with Freeview On Demand, the Freeview Guide provides easy access to On Demand TV and movies you can watch for free.

I don't think it applies to the Humax boxes.

A Google search shows it is a common problem with other manufacturers. https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2268162/panasonic-epg-problems says (2018)
    In response, I would explain that your query was forwarded to our technical department and they advised that the guide is slow to populate on these older models due to big changes in the EPG data stream. Regrettably, this is not a fault and is due to hardware limitations. I'm afraid that there is nothing we can do to solve this.

I appreciate that this response will be disappointing and I apologise that Panasonic cannot be of assistance to you on this occasion.

This will no doubt bring back fond memories to many of the "never populating EPG" on the 9200T which had that problem.

| Fri 31 Aug 2018 18:23:49 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

FrankLeigh

JohnH77 - 1 hour ago  » 
    I was looking for the Freeview standard which says how rapidly the EPG should populate when I came across What is the EPG (Electronic Programme Guide)?.

That's from Freeview New Zealand. Funnily enough, I was just thinking the other day about what it might be like emigrating there...

| Fri 31 Aug 2018 19:34:24 #22 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.