My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Fvp4000t failed

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dave.K

I have a Fvp4000t which has just gone pop and will not power up. The power supply seems OK so I am thinking it is the machine itself. How can I recover the files from the hard drive. I Have tried humaxrw software but it does not find the drive when it is connected via usb. Can anyone HELP? please.

| Fri 18 Oct 2019 13:04:53 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Using linux to extract the files is fairly straight forward (especially compared with what you will have to do once they are extracted).
    If you have just a Windows PC then use a Linux Live CD.

All the recordings are encrypted. This means that the more difficult bit will be working out how to decrypt them what the decryption key is.

| Fri 18 Oct 2019 13:59:40 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Dave.K - 2 hours ago  » 
    I Have tried humaxrw software but it does not find the drive when it is connected via usb.

Humaxrw is only useful for the 9000 series PVRs that use a proprietary file system. All the more recent box use a Linux file system. As Luke says a Linux Live boot CD (or memory stick) should do the trick. Does the Humax boot without the hard drive?

| Fri 18 Oct 2019 15:47:37 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dave.K

Hi Luke thanks, I have already connected the drive to a Linux pc. The disk manager will recognise the disk but it does not show in file manager. I have already bought a new box (fvp5000t 2TB) and tried connecting the old (1TB) drive to the USB port but again it was not showing in storage.

| Fri 18 Oct 2019 17:13:58 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dave.K

The humax does not power up at all, no indicator light showing.

| Fri 18 Oct 2019 17:16:40 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.