My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP4000T high/lowdefinition recording

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pwilliams

why does my box make such a issue when given the option of single or high definition recording?
    I choose the program,press 'record' and then the option is given to record in single or high definition. What ever option i chose, the screen then reverts back to the 'option' page and the program is not set up to record.
    It takes several attempts, with the two instruction screens alternating before i can convince the thing to record a program.
    Help or advise welcome.

| Sat 16 Dec 2017 19:17:25 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If you are on a BBC SD channel and elect to record in HD you will not see the recording confirmation in the epg because you are looking at the SD channel. If say you are looking at channel 1 in the epg simply tap in 101 to move to the HD channel. The recording flag should be present. (102 for BBC 2).

| Sat 16 Dec 2017 19:30:20 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

martinbaines

One of my many pet hates on the UI. If you are looking in the guide entry for the SD channel and hit record on some channels (presumably those where the metadata shows an HD alternative like BBC 1), you get the pop up asking if you want SD or HD. If you select HD it does set it to record but appears not to a you are still on the SD channel entry (not set to record).

If you look at the HD channel entry or the schedule you will see the recording scheduled.

Awful UI, personally I would like to just turn off the pop up and have it record the channel I select - but that is not possible. Alternatively a "recording on another channel" icon in the guide would help a lot.

| Sun 24 Dec 2017 12:26:13 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pwilliams

Yes, but why , even when i am ( eg) on channel 1- press to record channel 1 SD and it still continually returns to the record screen, back to the HD/LD press 'record' and back we go again to options, and returns, ad nausium finally, after many attempts i can persuade it to record
    Recording where their is no 'density ' option and the problem is not there.

| Sun 7 Jan 2018 20:00:17 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pwilliams - 1 hour ago  » 
    Yes, but why , even when i am ( eg) on channel 1- press to record channel 1 SD and it still continually returns to the record screen, back to the HD/LD press 'record' and back we go again to options, and returns, ad nausium finally, after many attempts i can persuade it to record
    Recording where their is no 'density ' option and the problem is not there.

Don't think mine does that, but then again I record and watch HD where available not only for the superior pictures but also for the superior Dolby Digital audio. The X key on the remote should sort that out.

You can actually record both versions which may be why you have this issue.

| Sun 7 Jan 2018 21:09:08 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.