My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP5000T Deleted Recordings Reapearing

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

poshsimon - 20 mins ago  » 

How are you going to restore them?

The same way I will copy them off, using an external HD via USB, and, I assume i'll be able to copy them back with the reverse method.

I suggest you test how the restore process works. If I was doing it I would be taking the hard drive out of the Humax to copy things off and then back.

| Sat 13 Feb 2021 13:07:55 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

poshsimon

I would be taking the hard drive out of the Humax to copy things off and then back.

It's in regular use by the family so not really possible without lots of grief.

Wow, it's so slow at copy the video files, slower the some of the older humax machines.

| Sat 13 Feb 2021 19:11:35 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Salamat

Same thing has just started happening with me! Doesn't look like there was a particular solution found.

| Mon 6 Mar 2023 17:00:51 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Salamat: Have you tried unplugging the box from the power for a short time and plugging it in again? Often solves strange problems.

| Tue 7 Mar 2023 0:45:42 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Salamat

Thanks for your reply! Yes, I did try that, but no effect. Also, I tried the disk checking in settings and that came up saying it was ok. I think I have it sorted now, by selecting multiple files and deleting, though this did take several attempts before they finally disappeared.

| Tue 7 Mar 2023 2:05:29 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

AlMac99

Anyone had any luck in solving this as it has been happening to me?
    The ‘ghost’ recordings (some deleted a few myths back) don’t seem to take up any disk space but really mess up the recordings list

| Tue 27 Jun 2023 21:26:55 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Try an HDD Test. It's in Settings somewhere: Settings > ?? > Storage > HDD Test or something similar. It may be sensible to do it overnight (when no recordings are scheduled) as it seems to take ages.

| Wed 28 Jun 2023 16:42:04 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

AlMac99

Thanks, JohnH. Done that but (thankfully???) no problems shown.
    Just had a good clear out & tidy up on the HDD. Got it back to 50% free space available. See how it runs after this.
    Really annoying but seems typical of Humax! In the scheme of things, a minor niggle compared with some on here.

| Fri 30 Jun 2023 15:49:45 #18 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.