My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP5000T finds channels but with VERY low quality

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

triagetrack

My first FVP5000T steadfastly refused to receive any signal at all so I sent it back. I've just had a go with its replacement and it does indeed find plenty of channels. However, the channels are all black screens with occasional audio 'pips' and nothing else. Signal strength is 43% and quality is usually 10%, occasionally jumping to 30%.

What is odd is that my TV's built-in Freeview tuner has excellent signal when connected to the same aerial. Somehow going through the box has done some strange things. Any suggestions? I was under the impression the FVP5000T was, if anything over-sensitive rather than under-sensitive.

| Thu 25 Jul 2019 17:14:55 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

triagetrack - 41 mins ago
    What is odd is that my TV's built-in Freeview tuner has excellent signal when connected to the same aerial. Somehow going through the box has done some strange things. Any suggestions?

First thing to check is that the cable feeding into the Humax is OK. Failing that I would try a manual tune using the method set out by Barry at https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/manual-tuning-instructions-1

| Thu 25 Jul 2019 17:58:38 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Could be that on tuning the 5000T, it found a distant transmitter first and stored it in the usual numbers. Maybe the correct transmitter is stored as well with high numbers, probably above 800.

| Thu 25 Jul 2019 23:09:09 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.