My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP5000T to HDR 2000T

(38 posts)
  1. Doghouse

Doghouse

I've been trying to copy some programmes on my FVP 5000T to my HDR 2000T.

According to a helpful guy at Humax I need to use a USB stick or separate hard drive formatted to FAT32. Then plug that into the HDR and move them into the flies I use in the HDR. I've used a correctly formatted 32GB USB stick and the 1TB hard drive I've just purchased and both times, when I try to copy a programme it recognises the added memory, but I get a message saying. "Cannot copy files due to lack of storage space." I've reformatted both drives and re-booted the FVP but I'm having no success.
    I'd appreciate any advice on how to solve this problem.

| Tue 17 Aug 2021 23:31:09 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Doghouse - 14 mins ago  » 
    I've been trying to copy some programmes on my FVP 5000T to my HDR 2000T.
    According to a helpful guy at Humax I need to use a USB stick or separate hard drive formatted to FAT32. Then plug that into the HDR and move them into the flies I use in the HDR. I've used a correctly formatted 32GB USB stick and the 1TB hard drive I've just purchased and both times, when I try to copy a programme it recognises the added memory, but I get a message saying. "Cannot copy files due to lack of storage space." I've reformatted both drives and re-booted the FVP but I'm having no success.

I am puzzled that Humax suggested FAT32. Both the FVP-5000T and the HDR-2000T support NTFS for both read and write which is what I would suggest you use. Be careful that the drives must be formatted with an MBR style partition table; GPT which is the default in Windows 10 won't work.

| Tue 17 Aug 2021 23:53:55 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I suspect that the advice was given because of the fat32 requirement when updating firmware via USB (another example of Humax tech not actually knowing the correct information).
    Also, don't forget the 4gb maximum file size limitation on fat32. It may also explain the "lack of storage space" message.

| Wed 18 Aug 2021 7:16:55 #3 |
  4. Doghouse

Doghouse

I'm still getting nowhere trying to copy SD recordings on my FVP to my HDR 2000T despite advice from Humax.
    I've a 1TB separate hard drive formatted to Fat32. (Humax didn't consider that to be a problem).

Any attempt to copy files gets the "lack of storage space" message, but on some attempts the FVP will record copy of that recording to itself!

Any "help for dummies" to solve this problem would be appreciated.

| Thu 9 Sep 2021 19:20:29 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

You have already ignored the advice given (twice) because you think that Humax know better. Perhaps you should ask them again for "help for dummies"?

| Thu 9 Sep 2021 21:39:32 #5 |
  6. Doghouse

Doghouse

Doghouse - 2 hours ago  » 
    I'm still getting nowhere trying to copy SD recordings on my FVP to my HDR 2000T despite advice from Humax.
    I've a 1TB separate hard drive formatted to Fat32. (Humax didn't consider that to be a problem).
    Any attempt to copy files gets the "lack of storage space" message, but on some attempts the FVP will record copy of that recording to itself!
    Any "help for dummies" to solve this problem would be appreciated.

I'm looking for practical help not smart assed comments.

I've had conflicting opinions and no clear instructions on exactly how to format this hard drive.
    If you don't know, perhaps some a little more even tempered might oblige.

Don't assume because people have these machines they are as fully aufait with them.

| Thu 9 Sep 2021 21:46:16 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Doghouse - 54 secs ago  » 
    I've had conflicting opinions and no clear instructions on exactly how to format this hard drive.

My reply of the 17th August, 20 minutes after your initial posting, suggested you format the drive with the NTFS file system but it must be with an MBR style partition table. If you can explain what you don't understand about that reply then perhaps I or someone else can help you?

| Thu 9 Sep 2021 21:49:55 #7 |
  8. Doghouse

Doghouse

Martin Liddle - 15 mins ago  » 

Doghouse - 54 secs ago  » 

My reply of the 17th August, 20 minutes after your initial posting, suggested you format the drive with the NTFS file system but it must be with an MBR style partition table. If you can explain what you don't understand about that reply then perhaps I or someone else can help you?

Thank you for your much more civil response, it's appreciated.
    I passed that comment on to Humax but they didn't seem to understand it any more than did I.
    Is there a link you could supply that I could use to achieve this formatting?

Many thanks.

| Thu 9 Sep 2021 22:07:44 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Doghouse - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thank you for your much more civil response, it's appreciated.
    I passed that comment on to Humax but they didn't seem to understand it any more than did I.

The usual response would have been to ask for an explanation on the Forum not ask Humax. When trying to answer questions it is impossible to know what sort of technical background people have.

Is there a link you could supply that I could use to achieve this formatting?

To get the answers you want, you need to supply details. Do you have a computer; if so is it running Windows or Mac OS or Linux? What version of the operating system is it using? With the right detail we can point you to the right link.

| Thu 9 Sep 2021 23:34:04 #9 |
  10. Doghouse

Doghouse

Thanks for the response, I've an HP probook laptop and I'm running Windows 10

| Thu 9 Sep 2021 23:51:04 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.