My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

FVP5000T to HDR 2000T

(38 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I just find it odd that you are getting the message that's displayed.
    I can't help wondering if you have been sold a device that contains a much smaller memory chip and its been spoofed/hacked to tell your windows machine that it's something else? Google "fake 1tb usb hdd" and you'll see what I mean.
    I have never had a problem with any of my USB drives being recognised and working on my 4000t (other than having to reboot the machine) but I am (now) surprised that files written to them can't be seen by my 2000t.

| Sat 11 Sep 2021 17:54:37 #31 |
  2. Doghouse

Doghouse

I've had over 500 transactions on eBay, never had a problem before. This particular supplier has 100% feedback. In my opinion suppliers will do everything to ensure they keep a 100% record.

It's supposed to have been manufactured in the UK.

Spec. for this machine which was £40.

Item specifics
    Condition:
    New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is ... Read more
    about the condition
    Model: Lyntex
    Write Speed: 12x Colour: Black
    MPN: Does Not Apply Country/Region of Manufacture: United Kingdom
    Compatible With: PS4, XBOX ONE, Android, iOS, iPhone, Laptop, Mac, PC Custom Bundle: No
    Interface: USB 3.0 Storage Capacity: 1 TB
    USB Specification: USB 3.0 Brand: Generic
    Manufacturer Warranty: 3 months Type: Portable External HDD
    Form Factor: 2.5" Features: Adaptive Memory Technology, Auto Power On/Off, USB-Powered
    Non-Domestic Product: No Rotation Speed: 7500RPM
    Modified Item: No

I had the same problems with a Sandisk 128gb Cruzerblade.

| Sat 11 Sep 2021 18:07:17 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

The properties info where it says Apple HDD makes me think it may be a refurb drive in a new enclosure (with an integrated scsi>USB cable)?
    Have you checked the Cruzer through the same procedure to check MBR?

| Sat 11 Sep 2021 19:45:10 #33 |
  4. Doghouse

Doghouse

Thanks for that, I appreciate the effort you've put in to this which would seem a pretty common problem, but I've rather lost interest at the moment, "too many hobbies, not enough time" it's dinner time and then I want to watch the tennis.

I'll wait until I hear from Humax.

| Sat 11 Sep 2021 20:19:39 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

SSThing - 12 hours ago  » 
    I then plugged the stick into my 2000t and it was immediately recognized. However, despite the 2000t seeing the other files (that were already on the stick), I could not find the recording.

Is the problem here that by default the FVP writes the recordings into a directory with a leading "." which in Linux signifies a hidden directory. If that is the problem then changing the directory name or copying the files to a non hidden directory should make them playable on the HDR.

| Sun 12 Sep 2021 0:15:45 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Nice one Martin!
    This was discussed years ago but I had completely forgotten.
    The 4000t creates a folder called .recordings on the stick.
    Renaming this folder to recordings (I suspect that any name could be used eg Classic Movies) makes this folder and its contents visible to the 2000t. No change is needed to the files inside the folder.
    I have just used my fat32 stick with an SD file on and it is visible and plays via front port on 2000t. I am testing now with an HD file (for the hell of it) and to see if the FVP creates a new hidden folder or just uses the renamed one. I will also check that they can be moved to the 2000t internal hdd.

| Sun 12 Sep 2021 8:48:10 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

The 4000t does recreate a new hidden folder. I haven't tested but I very much doubt it will create a folder for each recording, it should just put subsequent transfers into the original. Then just rename it or create a new folder and move the contents into that (in Windows).
    Again, using my USB stick (Cruzer/fat32. Obviously for the larger file sizes of some movies, I think that it will be necessary to use NTFS) I have just copied an SD and HD file from the 4000t to the 2000t. A new folder needed to be created on the 2000t.
    SD plays fine, HD (as suspected) is visible but won't play.

| Sun 12 Sep 2021 9:06:33 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

SSThing - 27 mins ago  » 
    SD plays fine, HD (as suspected) is visible but won't play.

EEPhil has a rather inelegant workaround for the HD problem if you pop over to hummy.tv. I would only bother with it for a very important HD recording.

| Sun 12 Sep 2021 9:36:35 #38 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.