My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Given up on Aura, any tips on replacement?

(21 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dave480

A reset does not delete recordings but it does clear app data as well as the app giving a clean start.

I’ve read there is an option to delete recordings but never come across it, although never really looked.

| Thu 23 Nov 2023 10:47:41 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dave480

In fact it sounds like you have never done a reset (or you would know it doesn’t delete recordings) so I would advise doing one, this will give the Aura the best chance of a fresh start.

| Thu 23 Nov 2023 11:00:14 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

timiambeing

Dave you are right, every time I have considered a reset I read here it will delete recordings… ? Now then I don’t wish to disbelieve you but I am sure when I went to reset the machine actually said it would delete all user settings including scheduled recordings?

The problem is there are numerous ways to get to the settings, plus various different settings menus on mine, it took me ages to find the ‘reboot’ for instance the other day as in some settings it wasn’t there, I think I eventually found it under Freeview?

| Thu 23 Nov 2023 11:22:41 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

timiambeing - 12 mins ago  » 
    Now then I don’t wish to disbelieve you but I am sure when I went to reset the machine actually said it would delete all user settings including scheduled recordings?

Scheduled recordings are whose events that you have selected to record but not yet recorded.
    It is warning you that after a reset you would need to re-enter your recoding schedule.

| Thu 23 Nov 2023 11:37:42 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

VitaminD

special member

timiambeing - 1 hour ago  » 
    That’s interesting ok I’ve done the same and we will see! Like I say I use my TV for the apps anyway, started to do that when the Humax just wouldn’t load any - it’s much faster and reliable. I’ve got loads of recorded programmes so a reset is out of the question, unless I could get them off somehow?

A Freeview orFactory Reset will not delete your recordings.

Freeview buttob on the remote > Settings > Freeview Play Preferences,
    scroll down Backup User Preferences, then go to either Freeview Reset or Factory Reset, read which each do.
    Select the one you want to perform, when done Import User Preferences.

If you are are doing a Factory Reset you will need to make a note of any Google IDs and passwords you use for
    apps.

| Thu 23 Nov 2023 11:51:35 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Harters

special member

It’s actually quite a process to delete your recordings, not something you can do accidentally

| Thu 23 Nov 2023 13:45:29 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dave480

VitaminD - 2 hours ago  » 
    Backup User Preferences,

I only just found that option, the number of times my wife has had to re-enter her timers (scheduled recordings).

I did a reset just the other day to check the ITVX crash, well at least next time she won’t have to.

| Thu 23 Nov 2023 13:52:19 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

timiambeing

Ok, well I’ll make a list of my scheduled recordings then, and even my recordings so I can watch them in catch-up apps IF they do disappear (having just googled and seen several posts saying reset on the Aura DID delete their recordings - even though it said it wouldn’t and their HD usage still showed a percentage used they could not get them back!) just in case… is anyone close enough to Devon UK to buy me a consolation pint if the Humax messes up?!

| Thu 23 Nov 2023 16:57:36 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dave480

Well I suppose it’s always possible, every update on anything comes with a risk of it failing, but it shouldn’t.

I’m far to far away for consolation drinks but a 500 mile round trip for free drinks if it works isn’t out of the question.

| Thu 23 Nov 2023 19:49:19 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

timiambeing - 6 hours ago  » 
    Ok, well I’ll make a list of my scheduled recordings then, and even my recordings so I can watch them in catch-up apps IF they do disappear (having just googled and seen several posts saying reset on the Aura DID delete their recordings - even though it said it wouldn’t and their HD usage still showed a percentage used they could not get them back!) just in case…

There are two sorts of reset on the Aura, one deletes the recordings the other leaves the recordings intact. I am not in front of my Aura to be able to tell you how to access the one that does not delete recordings.

| Thu 23 Nov 2023 23:09:45 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.