My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Hard disk upgrade - using WD20EURS 2tb

(101 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Minstrel SE - 6 months ago  » 
    Yes well I will look into the external hard drive possibilities but we seem a long way off getting an affordable PVR with the features I would like to see.
    Theres should be a standard connection for an external drive on the back panel and some way of taking recordings with us to a new box.
    Just as a slight example, I had some good stuff Like John Peel tribute TV shows recorded on my original Humax. I know its in standard definition and non HDMI but the only way I can save those is by coming out through the scart into a dvd recorder which is a bit time consuming.
    I may be a bit naive with these things but if 120gb of data could be transferred from the old xbox 360 to the slim version (With the transfer kit which then wipes the donor hard drive) then I would hope to see hard drive transfer on all related products.
    Anyway an easy fit external hard drive would be great...Why can't they or wont they do that?
    Best wishes

You can copy from the 2000T to a USB drive either a stick or a larger drive without any issues whatsoever, providing the programme is in Standard Definition.

I copied lots of programmes from my HDR 2000T before I found it a new home in the attic. I placed them on my NAS which means I can now stream them to most of the TVs in the house, or simply watch them on my PC.

| Fri 6 Apr 2018 16:01:43 #101 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.