My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Hard disk upgrade - using WD20EURS 2tb

(101 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

BritVik - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Got it, thanks.
    If I were to use a WD HDD in going for an upgrade, is there any special designation needed as there is for the Seagate HDD??
    I might add that I am quoted as being a junior member. Bit of a laugh since I shall reach 85 this year.

You need a AV drive. I recently fitted a new 2TB drive to my 1000S. I used this one.

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008B0RQ1C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&tag=blusas008-21&psc=1

| Mon 13 Feb 2017 17:49:08 #71 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Just don't use PC HDDs.

| Mon 13 Feb 2017 17:49:24 #72 |
  3. nssvn

nssvn

Hi guys, posted May 15 on this thread and now reached that point! Update please if WD20EURS is suitable?...
    "Hi, can the WD20EURS 2tb be used to upgrade the HDR 1100S 500GB?"
    Thanks

| Sat 5 Aug 2017 23:17:45 #73 |
  4. BritVik

BritVik

That was good news. I take it that all is functioning as it should, too. I have made a note of the details and see that Amazon have 22 in store.
    A further question on the same subject. Can the recordings on the original HDD be transferred over to the new one in any way, or is that simply a pipe dream? I have a USB docking station for SATA discs. Could that be used in any way?

| Sun 6 Aug 2017 10:57:18 #74 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Yes the recordings can be moved. I think with a dock it will see them as external files and offer to import them to the videos (under home > Humax )

| Sun 6 Aug 2017 15:59:27 #75 |
  6. nssvn

nssvn

BritVik - 7 hours ago  » 
    That was good news. I take it that all is functioning as it should, too. I have made a note of the details and see that Amazon have 22 in store.
    A further question on the same subject. Can the recordings on the original HDD be transferred over to the new one in any way, or is that simply a pipe dream? I have a USB docking station for SATA discs. Could that be used in any way?

Hi BritVik - not upgraded 1100s yet, just asking if anyone else has and is the drives used same as we used to upgrade 1000s's? Want to start moving the 2TBs from 1000s to 1100 now
    Thanks

| Sun 6 Aug 2017 18:09:48 #76 |
  7. BritVik

BritVik

I am clearly showing my years I fear. My unit is - an HDR 1000s, so the news of your upgrade is fully valid. In consequence I have put a new HDD on order. Hope I haven't caused any upset anywhere. As to the existing recordings, I'll give that one a try as and when via the USB input on the unit and my dock unit. It either will or it won't. Have you any tips regarding your upgrade NSSVN? Apart from the physical change-over, is there anything more I ought to know before I delve into the innards? Programming, converting etc.??

| Sun 6 Aug 2017 20:13:47 #77 |
  8. nssvn

nssvn

BritVik - 16 hours ago  » 
    I am clearly showing my years I fear. My unit is - an HDR 1000s, so the news of your upgrade is fully valid. In consequence I have put a new HDD on order. Hope I haven't caused any upset anywhere. As to the existing recordings, I'll give that one a try as and when via the USB input on the unit and my dock unit. It either will or it won't. Have you any tips regarding your upgrade NSSVN? Apart from the physical change-over, is there anything more I ought to know before I delve into the innards? Programming, converting etc.??

No tips required....follow instruction on REPASSAC's excellent walk through on this thread. Can only vouch for the drive mentioned, WD20EURS 2tb which I used.

| Mon 7 Aug 2017 12:51:55 #78 |
  9. nssvn

nssvn

....site awful quiet on the HDR-1100 HDD model and opportunity to upgrade!?

| Mon 7 Aug 2017 13:00:36 #79 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Beginning of June I used a WD Purple Surveillance 2TB drive from EBuyer. They are out of stock right now with that. I have had no problems whatsoever. I was recommended (on this forum) to get a Seagate drive from Amazon. It arrived in inadequate packaging and failed after a few hours, so I swapped to the WD as Amazon had no more stock of the Seagate. No regrets.

| Mon 7 Aug 2017 13:10:09 #80 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.