My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Hard drive issues

(622 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Billibob

I have had the same problem with my HDR 1000 just on 2years old. No recordings, disc use less than 1% no pause, will not record, storage says connect hdd or usb. I checked SATA 12v supply found it ok and replaced hard drive with 2.5" SATA I had in my old Bush unit. Assumed it was problem with SATA control, so decided to bite the bullet and ordered a HDR 1010 from Debenhams Plus £195.
    The new 1010 arrived yesterday I connected it up, synced with My Humax account and registered it on my iPhone Freesat app. Could not believe it identicle fault! Either I am the unluckiest Humax customer going or could it be environmental, or to do with my Humax or Freesat app. Common sense says not but I am now at a complete loss in more ways than one. Ideas?

| Sat 5 Dec 2015 9:06:11 #31 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Very strange.

I wonder if the other users with hard disk problems had the units paired with the freesat app.

| Sat 5 Dec 2015 9:31:53 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

zoots

REPASSAC - 1 day ago  » 
    Very strange.
    I wonder if the other users with hard disk problems had the units paired with the freesat app.

My box was paired with the Freesat app.

I am still using my faulty unit and noticed this weekend that every so often the HDD would startup, spin and click a few times. Like then the unit is in standby and it would startup to record a program.

Any ideas why? Is it just the HDD itself or is the unit telling the HDD to do something?

| Mon 7 Dec 2015 9:15:42 #33 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

zoots - possibly just trying to contact freesat's server.
    Try unpairing the app on freesat's site and see if continues to startup.

| Mon 7 Dec 2015 9:51:38 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Billibob

I emailed both Humax and Freesat and explained this problem. Freesat did not admit to a known problem but did not dismiss the possibility that the Freesat app could possibly cause it. They suggested I log in and unregister both boxes on the Freesat website and let them know what happens. I unregistered both boxes and reinstalled my HDR-1000s but still no change even after another factory reset. I set up a completely new user on Freesat and registered the box again on this new account. Still no record.
    Humax have not even replied, even though I have now found the proof of purchase for my 1000s and its only 23 months old.

| Tue 8 Dec 2015 6:51:55 #35 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Just to be clear when you said registered the box again, did you mean pair it? I would suggest that you leave it unpaired for several days, just to see if it makes any difference.
    The pairing only enables remote record, which you can't.

| Tue 8 Dec 2015 7:33:36 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Billibob

Yes I did and yes I will.
    Cheers

| Tue 8 Dec 2015 9:15:17 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Billibob

Still no reply from Humax to email so called customer help line. Engineer there (nice guy) says Freesat app is red herring and he is very sure my description is symptomatic of failed HDD and I have just been very unlucky to have received second machine with same fault. However they will only honour second year of warranty if it was registered with them when purchased (don't think it was). So the only way I will know is to buy new hard drive. Still thinking on that one. Don't feel confident enough to shell out any more hard earned just yet.

| Tue 8 Dec 2015 16:49:03 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

zoots

Before I unpaired my box I noticed within the phone app it was showing newly recorded programs that were scheduled before the fault, as if the box had recorded them. I tried to play the programs through the app but without success. Why would new programs show in the app if my box had not recorded them? If the HDD is not working then surely it would say the program was not recorded/clashed or something!
    I have unpaired and will leave one week and then repair but once again I'm not holding my breath!

| Tue 8 Dec 2015 17:45:59 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hamishrock

So the only way I will know is to buy new hard drive.

I pondered on this, but after trying a working drive out of a BT vision box which didn't work, I bought a 1100s.

Can you try your drive in a PC, I couldn't as my PC is still an IDE connection not a sata.

| Wed 9 Dec 2015 9:23:18 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.