My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Hard reboot reset during iPlayer use

(22 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

Twice in the last week whilst watching via iPlayer the box has completely powered down back to the Humax / Google logo.

Just me or anyone else seeing the same?

| Wed 11 Aug 2021 19:10:40 #1 |
  2. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

larkim - 22 hours ago  » 
    Twice in the last week whilst watching via iPlayer the box has completely powered down back to the Humax / Google logo.

That sounds bad. I’ve not had that on any any catch up service. That sounds like it’s crashing the whole Android system for some reason. Of course I am bound to say have you tried a reset since then? Also have you restarted your router also?

| Thu 12 Aug 2021 17:35:31 #2 |
  3. Mars

Mars

special member

larkim - 1 day ago  » 

I do not have this problem with BBC iPlayer, but had a similar problem when casting NowTV. Once, Humax could replicate the problem, which only happened with the Now TV Boost (1080P50), they were able to fix it. Therefore, if you can figure out when this happens then it is easier for the problem to be replicated and fixed.

| Thu 12 Aug 2021 19:30:01 #3 |
  4. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

larkim - 1 day ago  » 

Can you reproduce it again? What were you viewing at the time or what action?

| Thu 12 Aug 2021 23:52:38 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

It doesn't reproduce as far as I can tell. Reluctant to reset the box just at the moment, but will keep an eye on it. Happy enough that if it's "just me" there's little point in taking up forum space with the issue!

| Sat 14 Aug 2021 9:35:30 #5 |
  6. Paul Bton

Paul Bton

special member

larkim - 1 day ago  » 
    It doesn't reproduce as far as I can tell. Reluctant to reset the box just at the moment, but will keep an eye on it. Happy enough that if it's "just me" there's little point in taking up forum space with the issue!

A Freeview reset is not too bad. It doesn’t delete recordings. See if does it again.

| Sun 15 Aug 2021 19:10:07 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

larkim

special member

Had one again last night, sounded like the HDD came to a crashing halt (obviously HDD shouldn't be particularly stressed even if involved in some buffering of iPlayer data), but that might just be the same sound as the HDD putting on the brakes when the power is cut.

Has only been in iPlayer though; no other apps have done this, and I don't recall the box crashing in any other way.

May try the reset at the weekend.

| Tue 17 Aug 2021 8:32:39 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

rob.marshall2

I've had this a couple of times too, hadn't paid attention to what and when, but I will.
    Certainly seems to be back to the bad old days of the aura at the moment...

| Thu 19 Aug 2021 20:13:07 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

caryh

I've also had this issue a couple of times. Its only happened while watching death in paradise on iplayer, but We don't really watch much else on it.

| Sun 22 Aug 2021 20:14:24 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

rob.marshall2

Random reboots whilst using Plex and standard Freeview. This is getting a bit frustrating now.

| Tue 24 Aug 2021 16:58:35 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.