My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Has anyone else noticed this?

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

I often press instant record to catch the end of a programme if, for example, the 'phone rings.
    When entering the recordings list, the result will be as per the picture. The title of the programme is correct but the description will be for the programme that follows. From trying to replicate the issue, it would appear that it only happens if I am recording the end of a programme, if I start/stop something earlier in the broadcast, it seems to be working correctly.

Attachments

1. 20190223_170157.jpg (2157.9 KB, 3 downloads) 5 years old
    | Sat 23 Feb 2019 18:12:19 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Not seen it on a G2 box but have seen it on a Foxsat-HDR. On this box it's a result of how the box creates multiple sections in the .HMT files (The .HMT contains the programme synopses).

Given the family link guessing it's a similar issue.

| Sat 23 Feb 2019 19:39:41 #2 |
  3. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Does it depend on how close to the end of the programme you are when you start recording? I thought it depended on if the instant record will span more of the following programme than the current programme if allowed to continue before being manually stopped.

| Sun 24 Feb 2019 10:54:54 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

Instant record should only record until the end of the current programme (so no need to manually stop), unless one makes additional presses of the record button, which then brings up additional options.
    But yes, it does only appear to affect instant recordings that have begun toward the end of the programme.

| Sun 24 Feb 2019 11:22:21 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

SSThing - 3 hours ago  » 
    Instant record should only record until the end of the current programme (so no need to manually stop), unless one makes additional presses of the record button, which then brings up additional options.
    But yes, it does only appear to affect instant recordings that have begun toward the end of the programme.

It's because of the way the synopses information is stored more than once in the sidecar file. Later near the end the synopsis data for the following programme gets picked up from the wrong section of the .hmt file.

The breakdown of the .hmt file for a HDR-FOX-T2 can be seen here.

https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/HMT_File_Format

The same info for a 5000T is not published anywhere.

| Sun 24 Feb 2019 15:04:03 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

As ever Graham, it's a good job you exist!
    This place wouldn't be the same without you.

Cheers

| Sun 24 Feb 2019 15:46:47 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.