My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Has On Demand for a Freesat PVR been discontinued?

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tonygamble

"Blank Message as I just found a possible answer. "

Which was?

No suspence allowed on this group Paul !!!

| Sun 4 Jul 2021 12:07:58 #11 |
  2. paulrichardson

paulrichardson

Sorry.

I wondered why my "On Demand" menu option doesn't work, but with further perusal of the forum I found that it is a very common issue with no cure.

| Sun 4 Jul 2021 12:13:29 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

paulrichardson - 3 hours ago  » 
    Sorry.
    I wondered why my "On Demand" menu option doesn't work, but with further perusal of the forum I found that it is a very common issue with no cure.

I have no idea where you got this from. It works fine on my HDR-1000S

Attachments

1. Play_From_the_beginning_using_on_deman.jpg (249.1 KB, 4 downloads) 2 years old
    | Sun 4 Jul 2021 15:24:12 #13 |
  4. paulrichardson

paulrichardson

Justintime - 1 week ago  » 
    @UKLarry666 - This unreliable On-Demand issue is something that we have to live with. Your case sounds worse than mine in so far as my Humax On-Demand works 85% of the time. It seems to depend on the individual boxes and I don't think there is a fix.

This is where I got it from Graham, another thread on My Humax.

| Sun 4 Jul 2021 15:36:39 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

paulrichardson - 3 hours ago  » 

Justintime - 1 week ago  » 
    @UKLarry666 - This unreliable On-Demand issue is something that we have to live with. Your case sounds worse than mine in so far as my Humax On-Demand works 85% of the time. It seems to depend on the individual boxes and I don't think there is a fix.

This is where I got it from Graham, another thread on My Humax.

Normally a network setup issue.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/networking/tcpip-addressing-and-subnetting.

My box is connected by a network cable. I would buy a long cat 7 flat cable. Connect the box network port to a unused port on you router network switch. My router is a 4th bedroom directly over the lounge kit. To trouble shhot turn off WiFi on the box. Connect the cable if that works, replace the cable with a pair of homeplug adaptors. That is how my HDR-1000S is currently connected.

| Sun 4 Jul 2021 19:37:01 #15 |
  6. paulrichardson

paulrichardson

I spent a lot of time on Sunday trying everything that had been suggested. Resetting the box, resetting the router, disconnecting and reconnecting the Ethernet cable (It's always been hardwired). All I got was the same message that On Demand would be there in a minute.

Gave up, watched TV, went to bed.

This morning it's working, On Demand apps are there and working, Showcase is working, "Earlier" is available and I get the watch from start logo appearing.

Thanks to everyone who helped, fingers crossed it stays that way.

| Mon 5 Jul 2021 10:16:15 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.