My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

HD channels

(36 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jaykay1119

The aerial goes into the humax first and then another from out to in on the TV with hdmi.

So no hd on tv because humax doesn't have HD (although it used to)

| Fri 16 Jun 2023 18:50:46 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

meadfoot

if you connect the cable from the aerial to the cable going to the TV does the TV get HD then? This test will then rule out the aerial and associated cables if it works and just leaves the problem in the humax, maybe the HD turner has gone?

| Fri 16 Jun 2023 20:11:31 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

If, as post 31 suggests (to me, at least) that there is only an HDMI cable between the Humax and the TV, then it would be necessary to unplug the aerial from the Humax and plug it into the TV aerial socket to do that test.

| Fri 16 Jun 2023 21:15:04 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Jaykay1119 - 3 hours ago  » 
    The aerial goes into the humax first and then another from out to in on the TV with hdmi.

As a diagnostic try connecting an aerial cable from the Humax output aerial socket to the TV input aerial and see if the TV will receive HD. If it does the problem is definitely with the Humax, if it doesn't we need to think of tests to isolate where the problem is located.

| Fri 16 Jun 2023 22:35:17 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

A1944

special member

Martin Liddle - 2 weeks ago  » 

A1944 - 8 hours ago  » 
    It is described by some as a myth, but often suggested by others as a source of interference which can knock out a single Mux as you are experiencing.

I am quite sure it isn't a myth; I have certainly experienced interference due to a carpet fitter managing to leave the leads into the TV in a terrible tangle.

The issue ISN'T HDMI cables (that's basically a myth) You may wish to challenge this post No. 3 in the quoted thread.

| Sat 1 Jul 2023 1:06:40 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

The issue with HDMI cables is certainly not a myth. When the Youview pvrs had signal problem with com7/8 on the BBC news 107 HD channel some time back before it was closed down, I did a test reported back to Youview at the time. All other channels were ok, but the hdmi cable feed directly to TVs hdmi socket picked up a RF interference signal, causing severe signal drop/fluctuation on all channels on this particular multiplex, inc QVC HD.

The solution was to connect all hdmi cables via surround amp that had shielded hdmi sockets. Problem solved. It's not a myth, plus everyone's setup is different, hence different opinions! Some equipment is very sensitive to RF interference coming from hdmi cable. John L

| Sat 1 Jul 2023 14:35:51 #36 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.