My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDCP not valid?

(160 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

R3SKT

OK, thanks Barry, helpful information. I have now applied the BETA patch and everything has reverted back to usable again. Presumably I don't now have to remove the LAN cable overnight as the software is higher than the supposed upgrade?

R3SKT - 54 minutes ago  » 
    Same issue for me guys. Everything fine last night, came home this evening, switched everything on to see a little message informing me of helping Humax with their service improvements and boom, no picture. Got the rather helpful on screen flash stating HDCP invalid etc, and then black screen of nothingness. TV is a 5 year old Panasonic TX42, Humax is a Foxsat.
    Is this really what progress is all about? At the moment the Humax is disconnected and we've had to resort to feeding the satellite signal directly into the TV set itself (thank god for a freesat on-board circuit)
    Any clues GRATEFULLY received

| Tue 15 Dec 2015 23:56:38 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

kinsale5

We have Panasonic TX-L32U10B or TX-L37U10B (manual covers both models) & Humnax Freesat FOXSAT-HDR. Suddenly getting the same message --- HDCP invalid etc. At some stage the request to help Freesat/Humax (don't recall details) with survey flashed onto screen: unsure whather my husband 'replied' or not. Can you solve problem please ?? Thanks

| Tue 15 Dec 2015 23:58:16 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

sarah blunt

Hi Barry,

I hope you can help me as I am experiencing the same problem as the other people posting here. Our Humax was working fine earlier today but displays "HDCP is not valid AV Blocked" and we lose the picture.

Our TV is a month old and is a Samsung UE55JU6500KXXU
    Our Humax is a 1010S
    We connect through an HDMI cable.

We would be grateful for any help you could give us.

| Tue 15 Dec 2015 23:59:10 #33 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

@R3SKT - No need to remove cable.

kinsale5 and sarah - Welcome to our Forum

Please check your Private Messages in a moment.

| Wed 16 Dec 2015 0:06:33 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anglia

Hi Barry,

There was no messages left?

| Wed 16 Dec 2015 0:24:44 #35 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Sorry Angela, will send again.

| Wed 16 Dec 2015 0:26:13 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

klb

Hi Barry. I too seem to be having a similar problem, although not 100% the same. I get the black screen with audio and messages re no HDCP and AV blocked but this is on a TV upstairs via a video sender.
    If I go downstairs to the main TV (Samsung)it seems to be working ok. Any advice would be most welcomed.

| Wed 16 Dec 2015 10:56:14 #37 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Strange this because it should only be affecting HDMI, however check your Private Messages in a moment.

| Wed 16 Dec 2015 11:07:08 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

newberry3308

Hi Barry, I'm having the exact same problem as KLB. I too am using video senders to send the picture up stairs and when I'm watching tv it will suddenly go to a black screen with just audio. If I come downstairs to where it's connected up with HDMI I seem to be able to bring it back to life. I've only had the box 2 weeks but this problem has only occurred since turning on the box and seeing a message about an upgrade and participating on anonymous data sending. Any ideas? Many thanks

| Wed 16 Dec 2015 11:18:14 #39 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Check your private messages in a moment.

| Wed 16 Dec 2015 11:26:15 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.