My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000 slow when networked

(28 posts)
  1. Hogweed

Hogweed

Martin Liddle - 41 mins ago  » 

Hogweed - 1 hour ago  » 
    Well, spoke too soon - turned out it was still up to its tricks after all. Don't know why it briefly appeared to be OK. So it's not a cable issue.

But have you eliminated the powerline adapters as a possible cause? They have certainly been responsible for several problems reported on this Forum. If you go back to the long cable from Humax to router does the problem go away? What make and model are the powerline adapters? Note there is nothing wrong in principle with powerline or homeplug adapters; I use them myself.

No, I haven't - they may well be the problem. Thinking about it, in my last house, my BT Home Hub was sitting directly behind my telly, so I had all devices cabled to it directly, and he HUmax worked fine with that for years.

I'd totally forgotten that (I moved 2 years ago). I suppose they may be the most likely culprit then... they're TPlink AV500 Mini.

| Tue 15 Oct 2019 11:20:41 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Hogweed - 3 hours ago  » 
    I'd totally forgotten that (I moved 2 years ago). I suppose they may be the most likely culprit then... they're TPlink AV500 Mini.

Is the model number TL-PA411 V2? If so what firmware version? The version dated 21-08-13 sounds relevant to quote TP-LINK web site"Fixed a bug that IPTV may interrupt for several seconds when STB(Set Top Box) is linked to this Powerline adapter."

| Tue 15 Oct 2019 14:40:27 #22 |
  3. Hogweed

Hogweed

Martin Liddle - 1 hour ago  » 

Hogweed - 3 hours ago  » 

Is the model number TL-PA411 V2? If so what firmware version? The version dated 21-08-13 sounds relevant to quote TP-LINK web site"Fixed a bug that IPTV may interrupt for several seconds when STB(Set Top Box) is linked to this Powerline adapter."

It is indeed that model

OK, I'm going to see how to discover the firmware version, and will report back

| Tue 15 Oct 2019 15:57:56 #23 |
  4. Hogweed

Hogweed

Right, have updated it - will test extensively and report back.

Thanks for that - I'm afraid I suffer from tunnel vision when analysing problems - once I had it in my head that the Humax was the issue, it didn't even occur to me that the Powerlines might be the problem. After all, they were working really well!

| Tue 15 Oct 2019 16:24:07 #24 |
  5. Trev

Trev

special member

Hogweed - 29 mins ago  » 
    After all, they were working really well!

It seems possible that they were not though.

| Tue 15 Oct 2019 16:54:00 #25 |
  6. Hogweed

Hogweed

Trev - 3 mins ago  » 

Hogweed - 29 mins ago  » 
    After all, they were working really well!

It seems possible that they were not though.

Guess I should have been more specific what I meant was that I could watch programmes on BBC iPlayer etc - no stuttering or anything nasty like that.

But the Humax is unresponsive to its remote control - you can stab buttons forever without result, then eventually it does something. Particularly the FF & RWD functions.

And... it's still doing it

The firmware utility showed the new version as installed OK, but in fact it hasn't - still at the original version. Mine are actually V1 adapters, so I guess the new firmware doesn't work with them

Guess the problem is likely with the adapters then. Oh well, they were very cheap.

| Tue 15 Oct 2019 17:01:10 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Hogweed - 23 mins ago  » 
    And... it's still doing it

Try the long cable again and if that fixes the problem for a reasonable period of time then you know where the problem is.

The firmware utility showed the new version as installed OK, but in fact it hasn't - still at the original version. Mine are actually V1 adapters, so I guess the new firmware doesn't work with them

V2 firmware will definitely not work with V1 adapters.

Guess the problem is likely with the adapters then. Oh well, they were very cheap.

Don't jump to conclusions yet; do the long cable test.

| Tue 15 Oct 2019 17:28:14 #27 |
  8. Hogweed

Hogweed

Yeah, it's absolutely fine with the long cable.

Anybody recommend (cheap!) adapters which work OK?

Thanks

| Wed 16 Oct 2019 9:58:58 #28 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.