My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000S Hard drive or Resistor

(46 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

brano77

redfoxa23 - Just to confirm that the symptoms on my HDR1000s are identical including in Windows only being able to see the HDD in device manager. In Linux Mint in Files I could see all the recordings but do not seem to have an app to play them. I also noted that if I connect the HDD via the USB on the front of the 1000s it identified the storage but no files. It gave me the option to format and as I do want to try and recover any recordings I chose the option and it worked.

The HDD I have is a Seagate ST3500322CS P/N 9GW132-510 and top right on the label is Video 3.5 HDD. The "new" HDD is same ST but P/N9GWW132-012 and top right on the label is Pipeline HD.2. I believe having trawled Google that the "new" HDD was actually replaced by the model in my 1000S. It would be nice to know if either of these HDD's would work in my Foxsat HDR?

Re the Arris - I would be reluctant to buy the HDR version until it has been reviewed more. I am no expert in this field as you have probably realised! However I suspect many of the problem issues currently reported would relate to functionality of no use to me. I live in the very NW of Spain, no land line, and rely on mobile phones and 4G wireless router for internet - all metered. As an end user providing it efficiently identifies the channels I currently have it would pass muster. Having my 1000s repaired by sending it back to UK would not be cost effective. I could of course buy a reconditioned 1100s for £270+ or even a new one for £599 form Amazon UK! The bottom line seems to be if you want a new Freesat HDR you only have one option.

| Thu 13 Aug 2020 18:23:24 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

redfox123

redfox123 - 9 hours ago  » 
    i've been watching this topic. and having the same problem with my HDR 1000S.When the HDD was taken out to test it did not show when hooked up to the pc. But when i looked in disk management it was there. and it was showing no bad sectors . so i've stripped it down to the motherboard. by the way everything else works ok , the disk does spin up, just not reading. still can be used to watch all channels. i'm considering taking the caps out to test, although none of them are blown .Does anybody know a link for the schematic?

Attachments

1. SAM_3872_(5).JPG (94 KB, 179 downloads) 3 years old
    | Thu 13 Aug 2020 20:38:11 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

redfox123

4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

brano77 - 5 hours ago  » 
    The HDD I have is a Seagate ST3500322CS P/N 9GW132-510 and top right on the label is Video 3.5 HDD. The "new" HDD is same ST but P/N9GWW132-012 and top right on the label is Pipeline HD.2. I believe having trawled Google that the "new" HDD was actually replaced by the model in my 1000S. It would be nice to know if either of these HDD's would work in my Foxsat HDR?

The 132-012 hard drive should work in a Foxsat as is. The 132-510 would need its speed reducing to SATA I to work in the Foxsat which may be possible.

| Thu 13 Aug 2020 23:58:24 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

brano77

Many thanks for the information and your help. I will keep the "new" 132-012 just in case it is needed for my Foxsat.

| Fri 14 Aug 2020 14:19:13 #35 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

redfox123 - 17 hours ago  » 
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/hdr-1000s-hard-drive-or-resistor/page/4?bb_attachments=79176&bbat=1447

Any idea what the component is?

| Fri 14 Aug 2020 15:15:24 #36 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Martin Liddle - 1 hour ago  » 

redfox123 - 17 hours ago  » 
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/hdr-1000s-hard-drive-or-resistor/page/4?bb_attachments=79176&bbat=1447

Any idea what the component is?

I don't know much about components - however it looks like this:
    https://html.datasheetq.com/pdf-html/172724/ROHM/1page/00BC0W.html See the PDF for a picture.

Found it by searching for the faint lettering on the posted component.

| Fri 14 Aug 2020 16:30:57 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

redfox123

to all who own the humax 1000s.. if your having problems with recording like i was.i found out that my hard drive was good. Now if your handy with a soldering iron try reseating all the five caps and then test the machine again. it worked for me. But you may have bad caps that need replacing... just replace them all for a couple of quid..you've got nothing to lose.

| Wed 26 Aug 2020 11:28:11 #38 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

redfox123 - lucky just a dry joint.

| Wed 26 Aug 2020 17:03:31 #39 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

barrdav

Please could somebody tell me the component reference (Ref Des) of the resistor and ohmic value that reportedly fails ?

(If it fails this suggests that the part is being over run or that there is a failure mode that has not been tested for during the design evaluation of this STB. )

Is there a general problem with defective soldering on this receiver ?

Meanwhile I will try and give the PCB a good look over, and look for any obviously dry joints and resistors with burn marks on them.

It is not entirely clear to me how to test the HDD for defects since it does not appear to be PC formatted. We tried connecting its SATA connector to the front USB memory stick socket via one of those PC adapters and although some OS files were recognised, it did not show the expected full library of recordings - AV files.

Thanks to the person who posted the item about the HDD speed and jumper settings - we have another HDD from a PC and will try this.

Does anybody know how the Humax would normally recognise a new hard drive and how to format or install it ?

Thanks for your help so far.

| Sat 5 Mar 2022 22:50:36 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.