My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000s Keeps rebooting.

(343 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Didn't know they rebooted at night too, is your box in standby over night or maybe it only reboots when it is recording in standby.
    I wouldn't hold your breath for a fix I think mines been rebooting occasionally for ages now, I presume it is still possible to turn TV's off over night, mine has a button at the side.

| Sun 23 Oct 2016 8:21:43 #121 |
  2. launton

launton

It's in standby and not recording anything.

| Sun 23 Oct 2016 12:12:29 #122 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Have you paired the app for remote recording? That will cause it to boot-up every 20 mins.

| Sun 23 Oct 2016 12:23:29 #123 |
  4. launton

launton

I've unpaired it and factory reset it in the end. We'll see

| Sun 23 Oct 2016 19:19:15 #124 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

launton - 5 hours ago  » 
    I've unpaired it......

I unpaired mine about 2 hours after I first paired it, I can still remote record though.

| Mon 24 Oct 2016 0:54:31 #125 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Reffub - 7 hours ago  » 

launton - 5 hours ago  » 
    I've unpaired it......

I unpaired mine about 2 hours after I first paired it, I can still remote record though.

Are you sure it is unpaired?

| Mon 24 Oct 2016 8:10:06 #126 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

REPASSAC - 1 hour ago  » 
    Are you sure it is unpaired?

Yep absolutely positive.

I'm remote recording the good old fashioned way, with a remote. (obviously the range is somewhat limited)

I would like the option of using my smart phone/app occasionally but that isn't really an option with the current boxes.

| Mon 24 Oct 2016 9:33:08 #127 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

mutant_matt

Are people still having this problem? I'm getting fed up with it as it's still happening multiple times, daily, and I'm losing many recordings and it's driving me nuts!

It was rock stable until some time in late Sept when the reboots started, and it's on the latest firmware 3.00.44. Apparently it was resolved at the Freesat end on the 7th October but it doesn't seem to be for me!

I can't beleive that anything they could do at their end could/should cause this rebooting, sounds like terrible system design to me.

I guess in the mean time, I'll (very annoyingly), physically disconnect it from the network, to see if that stops the reboots (which will be very annoying, as we use the catch up services all the time).

Thoughts anyone? (please no suggestions to do a reset, I don't beleive it will help).

Cheers,

Matt.

| Thu 27 Oct 2016 14:06:49 #128 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mutant_matt - 2 minutes ago  » 

Thoughts anyone? (please no suggestions to do a reset, I don't beleive it will help).
    Cheers,
    Matt.

Why ? My HDR1000S has been losing remote control recently after being on for a few hours, a reset sorted it.

If you aren't prepared to try the obvious fix, how do you expect anyone to try and help you ?

| Thu 27 Oct 2016 14:11:55 #129 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

mutant_matt

That's a fair question, and the answer is, because in my experience, it never has resolved a problem, and it's a right royal pain losing all your planned recordings, and setting up all your settings again.

Especially when the problem was apparently caused by whatever problems were going on at the Freesat end and not with the box itself.

If everyone says it's stopped rebooting for them, and if it continues to reboot whilst disconnected from the network, then I guess I'll have no choice, but I would be interested to hear other's experience first.

Cheers

| Thu 27 Oct 2016 14:16:00 #130 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.