My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000s Keeps rebooting.

(343 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mutant_matt - 3 minutes ago  » 
    That's a fair question, and the answer is, because in my experience, it never has resolved a problem, and it's a right royal pain losing all your planned recordings, and setting up all your settings again.
    Especially when the problem was apparently caused by whatever problems were going on at the Freesat end and not with the box itself.
    If everyone says it's stopped rebooting for them, and if it continues to reboot whilst disconnected from the network, then I guess I'll have no choice, but I would be interested to hear other's experience first.
    Cheers

It took me less than 5 minutes to restore the 30 odd scheduled recordings from the digital photos of the recording schedule I had on my laptop. Using the short cut channel switching (simply enter the channel number to jump to the channel you want at the current time and date). It's also good time to clear out your expired series reservations (I had 25 of these).

Remember to reset the volume (it defaults to 50%) after a reset. Also turn off auto shut down if you don't use it.

| Thu 27 Oct 2016 14:22:39 #131 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

My HDR-1000S has been rock solid for the past few weeks. No reboot at all in this time.

| Thu 27 Oct 2016 15:25:08 #132 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

mutant_matt - 2 hours ago  » 
    Are people still having this problem? I'm getting fed up with it as it's still happening multiple times, daily, and I'm losing many recordings and it's driving me nuts!
    It was rock stable until some time in late Sept when the reboots started, and it's on the latest firmware 3.00.44. Apparently it was resolved at the Freesat end on the 7th October but it doesn't seem to be for me!
    I can't beleive that anything they could do at their end could/should cause this rebooting, sounds like terrible system design to me.
    I guess in the mean time, I'll (very annoyingly), physically disconnect it from the network, to see if that stops the reboots (which will be very annoying, as we use the catch up services all the time).
    Thoughts anyone? (please no suggestions to do a reset, I don't beleive it will help).
    Cheers,
    Matt.

So yours stops recording during a reboot ? With mine I get a blank screen and then the home screen pops up but any recordings in progress just carry on merrily. (Not that I've had any for a few days)

| Thu 27 Oct 2016 16:53:31 #133 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Reffub - 11 minutes ago  » 

mutant_matt - 2 hours ago  » 
    Are people still having this problem? I'm getting fed up with it as it's still happening multiple times, daily, and I'm losing many recordings and it's driving me nuts!
    It was rock stable until some time in late Sept when the reboots started, and it's on the latest firmware 3.00.44. Apparently it was resolved at the Freesat end on the 7th October but it doesn't seem to be for me!
    I can't beleive that anything they could do at their end could/should cause this rebooting, sounds like terrible system design to me.
    I guess in the mean time, I'll (very annoyingly), physically disconnect it from the network, to see if that stops the reboots (which will be very annoying, as we use the catch up services all the time).
    Thoughts anyone? (please no suggestions to do a reset, I don't beleive it will help).
    Cheers,
    Matt.

So yours stops recording during a reboot ? With mine I get a blank screen and then the home screen pops up but any recordings in progress just carry on merrily. (Not that I've had any for a few days)

I did have both situations but not had any reboots for probably around a week.

| Thu 27 Oct 2016 17:06:30 #134 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

barbieg

My Humax is still rebooting once a day. Usually after a couple of hours of being switched on. I spoke to someone from Freesat again yesterday as I'm so fed up with it and they told me there were still ongoing problems and they were still working on a solution . Not sure if I was told the truth or not .

| Thu 27 Oct 2016 17:18:32 #135 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

barbieg - 24 minutes ago  » ...they told me there were still ongoing problems and they were still working on a solution...

Strange, since I have not knowingly experienced a reboot ever. It would be helpful if Humax/Freesat told us what the cause n effect was.

| Thu 27 Oct 2016 17:44:47 #136 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

barbieg

I should have said it was Humax support I spoke to yesterday, not Freesat. I did say it was a pity Freesat didn't keep us up to date with what was happening. I had no problems until a month ago when it was rebooting 4 to 5 times a day. The last week it's once a day, but still very annoying.

| Thu 27 Oct 2016 17:55:35 #137 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

mutant_matt

Yes, it'll reboot seemingly randomly during anything you're doing, live tv, watching a recording or during watching something on catchup. There are no warnings, no indications or "funnies" on screen, just an instant reboot in the middle of whatever you were doing.

I do indeed agree and suspect that they still have problems, as if it was them that started causing the problem, I expect it's them that are still causing some of us problems.

I think I'll try physically disconnecting the box from my network and see if it's stable for a few days. It's usually rebooting more than once per day so a few days should make it clear if that is the cause or not...

I'll report back here when I think I have some results, whatever they may be.

Cheers,

Matt.

| Thu 27 Oct 2016 19:10:11 #138 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

herisson

Totally agree Matt. Been happening for me since September and happened again this afternoon.

| Fri 28 Oct 2016 15:11:50 #139 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

mutant_matt

So, it's early days, as I've only had it unplugged from the network for just over 24 hours, so it's too early to be too conclusive. However, I have seen zero reboots since, whereas before, I was seeing at least one or two per day. Who knows if it is still rebooting, as I can't figure out a way to see if that has happened, except if it happens whilst you're actually using it.

After some time being disconnected, the number of failed recordings (or hopefully, the lack of them), will give an indication, as I was getting something like 30-50% of recordings incomplete recently. Before the problems started, the very odd recording would fail, but usually with little or no recording done, whereas, recently, I've been getting a fair chunk of a programme which was not complete. I had never seen that before.

After a bit more time, if things carry on the way they look like they are going, I'll contact Freesat (not that they were of much use/responsive last time I had some proper diagnostic info for them back when they had problems at their end last time).

I'll update when I have more, anybody still seeing problems or have any news from Humax or Freesat, please continue to post!

Cheers,

Matt.

| Sat 29 Oct 2016 10:15:26 #140 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.