My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000s Keeps rebooting.

(343 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Jampit - 11 hours ago  » 
    I have been having crashes and reboots (only)recently. Having done a factory reset, things have been worse- reboot every 20 minutes or so! As all the other comments are a year old, I assume it can't be a software update? Any ideas?

Do you have the remote scheduling app paired ?

| Wed 7 Feb 2018 10:10:43 #321 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jampit

No apps at all. Straightforward remote is all that is used. I'm slightly annoyed that the factory reset didn't help, in fact the set switched itself on- and also the TV- during the night! Very frustrating.

| Wed 7 Feb 2018 12:42:52 #322 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Try placing in standby and disconnecting the power for 10 minutes.
    When power is restored the unit should boot and then return to standby. It should then boot normally.

Does the unit reboot during playback of a recording?

If that does not solve it I would think it could be down to a disk problem in the file used for buffering - a format might solve.

| Wed 7 Feb 2018 13:07:42 #323 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jampit

After switching it off as directed, today it behaved well- just watching live TV - not a recording -until this evening. Tried to watch an 'on demand' programme and things went pear-shaped again.
    I didn't want to reformat yet as I was investigating trying to download a recording to a USB- which is apparently very difficult (and impossible from my limited tech ability). Strangely the Humax recognised the USB and was prepared to UPload from it!!
    Tomorrow it may get reformatted.
    Anyway Thanks for the info.

| Thu 8 Feb 2018 22:53:52 #324 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

It is not possible to download a on demand programme directly to USB. The unit will play recordings from USB (subject to suitable format).

It is possible that your problem is network related - how is it connected? It might be worth removing the connection for a few days as a test.

| Fri 9 Feb 2018 6:34:00 #325 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jampit

It is now switching itself on - and the TV - and disrupting the TV program! Kept dong this every few minutes until I pulled the plug!

| Sun 11 Feb 2018 17:38:23 #326 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Jampit - 1 hour ago  » 
    It is now switching itself on - and the TV - and disrupting the TV program! Kept dong this every few minutes until I pulled the plug!

Disable HDMI-CEC on the TV. see:
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/hdmi-cec-known-as-by-manufacturer-3

| Sun 11 Feb 2018 19:23:15 #327 |
  8. BigKev

BigKev

Hi everyone, I can't find anything more recent so rather than start a new thread I'll put it here.
    My Humax 1000s hdr keeps switching itself off and attempts to start up again. The box displays 'starting' and the tv screen alternates between the Humax Freesat splash screen and black. Disconnecting the power for 30 seconds it starts up OK and will be OK for between a couple of minutes and a few days. I've performed a factory default reset and unpaired the Freesat Android app.

Further to this, I've just left it 'looping' the start up screens for around 5 minutes and, following sounds of the HDD spinning up, it has come back on. Has anyone else has this issue? Is it the HDD on its way out or is it software? Any assistance gratefully received, cheers Kev

| Mon 25 Feb 2019 7:46:51 #328 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I would put it down to an un-trapped error, probably when it starts to write to the timeslip buffer which, based on other models, is likely to be in a fixed position.

I suggest you try a hard disk reformat as the error cauls be logical rather than physical.

| Mon 25 Feb 2019 11:16:49 #329 |
  10. BigKev

BigKev

OK, thanks for that. I'll give it a go.

| Mon 25 Feb 2019 18:23:04 #330 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.