My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000s Keeps rebooting.

(343 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

hifidez

No problems here either. All working as it should.

| Wed 25 Jan 2017 9:22:16 #311 |
  2. davidrew

davidrew

special member

Have not seen any further issues either with our 1000S since the renegotiation advice. Will keep monitoring as not fully convinced yet.

With my techie hat on can we have a fuller explanation to what was causing the problem? The old adage of switching it off and on again does not cut it for such a long running and frustrating problem.

| Wed 25 Jan 2017 12:31:28 #312 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

davidrew - 46 minutes ago  » 
    Have not seen any further issues either with our 1000S since the renegotiation advice. Will keep monitoring as not fully convinced yet.
    With my techie hat on can we have a fuller explanation to what was causing the problem? The old adage of switching it off and on again does not cut it for such a long running and frustrating problem.

It can sometimes take a while to investigate and find the root cause of a problem, as in this case.

| Wed 25 Jan 2017 13:20:20 #313 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Nighthawk4

I am just happy it seems to be fixed

| Wed 25 Jan 2017 17:02:28 #314 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

xeroid4

I’ve been having a rather similar problem with my HDR1000S for the last few months - except that my box does not go through the reboot cycle.

It always occurs when watching a recorded programme while another is being recorded. The replay stops, the screen goes black, and then displays the ‘My recordings’ screen. The replay can then be resumed by selecting the programme from that list.

The last occurrence was 8.20pm tonight while my wife was watching a replay of Monday’s ‘Silent Witness’. At the time the box was in the middle of recording ‘Trust Me I’m a Doctor’ which started at 8.00pm. The previous occurrence was about three weeks ago.

Grateful for any thoughts re this. Bug? Failing hard drive, etc?

| Tue 31 Jan 2017 23:03:13 #315 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I think it's a bug. Though hard to track down. I have seen similar several times though as the problem is near impossible to reproduce and as it's not a major issue it is going to be very hard to find. Incidentally I have a new hard drive so very unlikely to be disk related.

| Tue 31 Jan 2017 23:47:47 #316 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

DaveE

xeroid 4.... I too have had the problem you have mentioned, going back about six months the same it started when watching a recording the screen would go black and I would have to start the recording again from the schedule. A s Graham says it is an intermittent fault and can be weeks before it does it again so I,m not really bothered by it. I have never experienced my HDR 1000S doing the random reboots so have been quite happy the way the machine has performed since I purchased it in November 2014.

| Wed 1 Feb 2017 17:02:52 #317 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

xeroid4

Thanks guys!

| Thu 2 Feb 2017 19:40:53 #318 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jampit

I have been having crashes and reboots (only)recently. Having done a factory reset, things have been worse- reboot every 20 minutes or so! As all the other comments are a year old, I assume it can't be a software update? Any ideas?

| Tue 6 Feb 2018 23:57:35 #319 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Jampit - 1 hour ago  » 
    I have been having crashes and reboots (only)recently. Having done a factory reset, things have been worse- reboot every 20 minutes or so! As all the other comments are a year old, I assume it can't be a software update? Any ideas?

Is the Humax connected to the Internet; if so does removing the connection make the box stable?

| Wed 7 Feb 2018 1:15:21 #320 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.