My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000s Recordings Gone & Disc Not Recognised

(34 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lucas

Hi

This has happened to me now! I've read through various posts and wondering what the options are now that Humax aren't offering to fix it. Mine is a 4 year old unit.

Just to be clear. The recordings vanished and so did the hard disk. Following a call with Humax, I did a factory reset and followed by a reboot and that brought everything back for a couple of weeks. Now same thing has happened again and I've tried various things in the last few weeks but still nothing. I can hear disk booting so it is still alive so don't think it's the disk.

I have read this could be due to a faulty resistor. If so which resistor would need replacing? I have also read it could be due to the SATA controller? Is this same thing as the resistor or entirely different?

Would it be a DIY job or would I need a professional (I'm not an electrical engineer but use play around with solder and iron when I was a teenager!)

Also I came across these guys that do repairs for 55 quid. Anyone used them?

https://www.digirepairs.co.uk/product/repair-booking-humax-freesat-plus-freeview-plus-youview-plus-box-repairs/

| Thu 22 Aug 2019 17:01:36 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Lucas - 58 mins ago  » 
    I have read this could be due to a faulty resistor. If so which resistor would need replacing? I have also read it could be due to the SATA controller? Is this same thing as the resistor or entirely different?

I doubt that it is the SATA controller because Humax were offering to repair faulty boxes at one time and I would guess the SATA controller isn't a single component but is part of the System on a Chip from Broadcom which I would have thought would be very difficult to replace. I think it is more likely to be a discrete component but I don't think anybody here knows which component.

Would it be a DIY job or would I need a professional (I'm not an electrical engineer but use play around with solder and iron when I was a teenager!)

So did I but electronics have got a lot smaller since then. Your call.

https://www.digirepairs.co.uk/product/repair-booking-humax-freesat-plus-freeview-plus-youview-plus-box-repairs/

I think they were the company that Humax were using to do the repairs. I think there have been a few favourable reports but do update us if you decide to use them.

| Thu 22 Aug 2019 18:07:49 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Martin Liddle - 2 hours ago  » 

Lucas - 58 mins ago  » 

I doubt that it is the SATA controller because Humax were offering to repair faulty boxes at one time and I would guess the SATA controller isn't a single component but is part of the System on a Chip from Broadcom which I would have thought would be very difficult to replace. I think it is more likely to be a discrete component but I don't think anybody here knows which component.

So did I but electronics have got a lot smaller since then. Your call.

I think they were the company that Humax were using to do the repairs. I think there have been a few favourable reports but do update us if you decide to use them.

It was said that the component was a resister.

| Thu 22 Aug 2019 20:28:31 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

REPASSAC - 27 mins ago  » 

I am aware of that but has it ever been proved?

| Thu 22 Aug 2019 20:56:17 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Martin Liddle - 9 hours ago  » 

REPASSAC - 27 mins ago  » 

I am aware of that but has it ever been proved?

No. It was spotted in a single post reporting a response from a Humax customer support person.

| Fri 23 Aug 2019 6:48:40 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Lucas

Thanks for all the comments guys. So it sounds like basically my only options are either to buy a new unit or have my current one fixed by Digi repair.

If I go with the repair, I'll let you guys know how I get on. I'm a little concerned it will fail again given I read that units that were repaired by Humax did exactly that at a later date.

Lucas

| Wed 28 Aug 2019 20:29:11 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Lucas - 27 secs ago  » 
    Thanks for all the comments guys. So it sounds like basically my only options are either to buy a new unit or have my current one fixed by Digi repair.
    If I go with the repair, I'll let you guys know how I get on. I'm a little concerned it will fail again given I read that units that were repaired by Humax did exactly that at a later date.
    Lucas

Please do. I can't say I recollect a single post from a member that had the unit repaired that reported a 2nd failure though like Repassac I remember the post by a member that said Humax support said it was a resistor that was the issue. Having said that I can recollect Humax support giving totally incorrect info re using any of the Humax twin tuner Freesat+ units on a single cable. Basically pretty sure they work from a script and if the script does not have the answer they make up some sort of answer. Back in the day Barry had a contact in the Humax technical design team. (Bobcat) . Much of the capability we now have on the Foxsat-HDR comes from this source.

| Wed 28 Aug 2019 20:40:29 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

stevREDBOY

Hello Lucas. I have just joined this forum as my box ( Model HDR-1000s/10105 ) will not record, pause or rewind. I`ve had the hard drive tested and assured its o.k. So it must be something else wrong. Any idea what could be at fault?
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

| Thu 5 Sep 2019 18:49:20 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

stevREDBOY - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hello Lucas. I have just joined this forum as my box ( Model HDR-1000s/10105 ) will not record, pause or rewind. I`ve had the hard drive tested and assured its o.k. So it must be something else wrong. Any idea what could be at fault?
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

Our full knowledge is posted in this thread - have you read it ?

Welcome to our forum.

| Thu 5 Sep 2019 20:13:38 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

sidds13

@Lucas did you ever send yours away and what was the experience? I've been asked by the father in law to look at his HDR-1000s and it seems the same issue. Internal HDD not being recognised, external one recognised (but turns out you can't record to those even though you can on the HB-1000s we have).

I've messaged Humax support but not feeling hopeful given what I've read online.

Sending it away to Northern Ireland and paying almost as much as you would for buying a generic dvb-s2 which you wouldn't lose all your recordings from if it did die (as it doesn't encrypt in a way that is solely linked to that device) doesn't seem ideal, but the FIL is used to Humax boxes. Would be good to know if there was recent experience of using them.

| Mon 23 Dec 2019 16:32:46 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.