My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000s Recordings Gone & Disc Not Recognised

(34 posts)
  1. andyfras

andyfras

andyfras - 10 mnths ago  » 
    My HDR-1010S has now lost contact with its disk. It happened during playback yesterday. After trying the usual reboots and power cycles, I removed the disk and connected it to the USB. It sees the disk but only offers the options to remove or to format, so I can't play anything from it.
    I checked the capacitors, and found a slightly out of spec (ESR) 220uF @ 16V near the disk power connector on the MB. I changed it, but still no disk.
    I'm dubious about the resistor rumour; I think it's more likely to be an unleaded solder failure, probably under the main chip which will suffer constant heat cycling.
    I'll persevere for a while and report back if I find a solution.

I never did manage to fix the problem, so earlier this month, I bit the bullet and sent the unit off to Digi Repairs UK in Belfast. They have a fixed price of £69.95, which is a lot better than trying to buy a Freesat PVR from eBay etc.

https://www.digirepairs.co.uk/product/repair-booking-humax-freesat-plus-freeview-plus-youview-plus-box-repairs-2/

It came back about a week later and is now fully restored, with all the recordings intact. I asked for an explanation of what they did to fix it, but I have not yet received a reply.

I'm now clearing all our recordings from the Foxsat (which was a temporary replacement), so that it can be put away as a spare for the next time we need it.

| Mon 25 Jan 2021 18:04:57 #31 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

DocP

That non-working ones still go for a fair price on Ebay makes me believe that the fix is not that difficult, once you know what it is. I have had to put mine aside for a while, but I will return to it soon and start replacing cacitors & other things until I find one that does the trick. Did you ever check the board to see what had been done?

| Tue 26 Jan 2021 11:07:22 #32 |
  3. andyfras

andyfras

Yes, I had a look but couldn't see any signs of a component change. I suspect that the main processor may have been reflowed. I never received a reply to my query about what they did to fix it (unsurprisingly).

| Sat 13 Feb 2021 15:16:37 #33 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

T Bouchet

sidds13 - 2 years ago  » 
    @Lucas did you ever send yours away and what was the experience? I've been asked by the father in law to look at his HDR-1000s and it seems the same issue. Internal HDD not being recognised, external one recognised (but turns out you can't record to those even though you can on the HB-1000s we have).
    I've messaged Humax support but not feeling hopeful given what I've read online.
    Sending it away to Northern Ireland and paying almost as much as you would for buying a generic dvb-s2 which you wouldn't lose all your recordings from if it did die (as it doesn't encrypt in a way that is solely linked to that device) doesn't seem ideal, but the FIL is used to Humax boxes. Would be good to know if there was recent experience of using them.

Hard drive not recognized solved the chip and heat sink need to be heated using a heat gun, heat sink needs to be heated to 100 degrees C to unblock the chip shut down to hard drive command, have only the power supply and hdmi connected heat untill the screen goes blank then leave the chip to reboot and the screen and your hard drive returns wait until the chip and heatsink cool them reconnect all leads to the humax and all will back to normal.

| Sat 1 Oct 2022 9:55:57 #34 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.