My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1100S - missing channels

(29 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Bass Culture - 1 hour ago  » 
    Okay, folks; I assume one of you good people on the Humax end of things reset something or pressed a button

There is nobody here (as far as I know) from the "Humax end of things" so that isn't the explanation.

| Wed 8 Jun 2016 22:16:43 #21 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Martin Liddle - 9 hours ago  » 

Okay, folks; I assume one of you good people on the Humax end of things reset something or pressed a button

There is nobody here (as far as I know) from the "Humax end of things" so that isn't the explanation.

Certainly not posting in this thread

| Thu 9 Jun 2016 8:02:24 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Bass Culture

Barry - 49 minutes ago  » 

Martin Liddle - 9 hours ago  » 

Certainly not posting in this thread

That's genuinely bizarre then! So, it may be nothing more than coincidence but, after 8 weeks of consistently not being able to receive a significant number of TV channels and radio stations in a range of different weather conditions, the box 'repairs' itself on the same day I post this thread on this Forum. That appears to be what's happened!

| Thu 9 Jun 2016 8:57:07 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

DougN

I have similar problems before and after renewing the dish because of rust. Its aligned using a point programme based on my location and the use of a signal strength meter. BBC channels seem to fall in and out and the rest remain robust I came out of freesat and tuned manually, and all the channels registered, worked on reengaging freesat and then dropped out again. • Make sure that the antenna setting in the menu is correct it says in the instruction book. Er where is the "Menu" and what antenna setting. Those words do not appear anywhere else in the instruction book which has no proper command/menu tree. Im sure I can fix it, but the lack of technical information in the manual is very frustrating.

| Thu 16 Jun 2016 16:38:23 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

DougN - 17 hours ago  » 
    I have similar problems before and after renewing the dish because of rust. Its aligned using a point programme based on my location and the use of a signal strength meter. BBC channels seem to fall in and out and the rest remain robust I came out of freesat and tuned manually, and all the channels registered, worked on reengaging freesat and then dropped out again. • Make sure that the antenna setting in the menu is correct it says in the instruction book. Er where is the "Menu" and what antenna setting. Those words do not appear anywhere else in the instruction book which has no proper command/menu tree. Im sure I can fix it, but the lack of technical information in the manual is very frustrating.

If you've got a freetime box previously setup then try some fine tuning using the Humax signal info menu.

My low tech method is just to move the dish until I pickup a BBC (or what ever channel you prefer) and then go to the Freesat signal condition (strength/quality) menu and do some fine tuning using other channels too. I prefer to use my Freesat TV for that as it's got a better menu than the Humax and it allows me to change channel within the menu.
    Remember to add the appropriate LNB skew too.

| Fri 17 Jun 2016 9:46:42 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

DougN

OK I've done all the antenna tweaking that you describe, but where in the menu tree do I find any tuning facility? I only have a Human box in one room and a Samsung in the other room (The one which was discontinued because they couldn't fix the HDMI missing sound bug)

| Fri 17 Jun 2016 10:18:49 #26 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

DougN - 12 minutes ago  » 
    OK I've done all the antenna tweaking that you describe, but where in the menu tree do I find any tuning facility? I only have a Human box in one room and a Samsung in the other room (The one which was discontinued because they couldn't fix the HDMI missing sound bug)

Tune to a channel, settings - system information - signal info .

Strength and quality for the tuned channel shown for both tuners. Full blue bar shows 100%. All my UK spot transponders show 100/100.

If you make any dish adjustments wait 30 sec or so for the tuners to respond to the alignment adjustment.

After adjusting the dish and locking of get someone to apply slight pressure to left and right side of the dish. If the quality falls for both you have correct azimuth. If it improves one way then you have to very slightly nudge the dish that way.

Repeat top and bottom to check elevation.

Repeat until you get it spot on.

| Fri 17 Jun 2016 10:34:07 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Sorry thought the signal info page was quite easy to find.

Good fine tuning advice from Graham, I'm not in the UK and with a small dish and universal LNB (non-sky dish) and get 100% & 100% on all the main channels. Had a massive downpour the other day and strength went down to 80-90% which I thought was pretty good.
    When adjusting the dish only move it by a minuscule amount and be careful when you're finished to tighten each nut half a turn at a time or you might move the dish.

| Fri 17 Jun 2016 11:31:03 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

DougN

Thanks a lot ....that should fix it

| Fri 17 Jun 2016 13:24:18 #29 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.