My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000/1010/1100S

HDR 1100s remote control not working.

(24 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

CavemanJust

Hi, new user here, seems there's a fix already for this but my fix is this which has worked 3 times now on a non responding remote for foxsat HDR, I used a battery tester (handheld one for aa batteries)with continuity tester, and touched the bottom two contacts of remote control battery compartment with batteries out untill tester beeped and my problem was solved, I discovered by accident as I was making sure a circuit was being made..weird

Thu 13 Sep 2018 10:22:00 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

CavemanJust - 11 minutes ago  » 
    I used a battery tester (handheld one for aa batteries)with continuity tester, and touched the bottom two contacts of remote control battery compartment with batteries out untill tester beeped and my problem was solved

I think that is just a minor variation on the normal remote reset procedure of removing the batteries and holding down a key until the activity LED stops working.

Thu 13 Sep 2018 10:35:43 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

triatic

Twice in the last two months since they've owned it, the remote control on my parents' HDR-1100S has stopped working. Both times it was fixed by pulling out the batteries. We'll be asking for a replacement remote control.

This didn't happen once in the 8 years they've owned a Foxsat-HDR, so I wonder if this is a larger manufacturing defect at play here?

Sun 14 Oct 2018 18:12:38 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I'm on my second remote with our HDR1000s and that has recently developed an odd behaviour.

When I press fast forward it only goes at X2 no matter how many times I press it. However, I've found if I wait about 10 to 15 secs the extra button presses kick in and the machine then goes fast forward by how many button presses I applied.

Very odd, though I'm thinking it's the machine that's at fault not the remote.

Mon 15 Oct 2018 11:08:32 #24 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.