My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR-1100S - Will not wake up from standby.

(65 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dossan

Hi There,

Got new Humax Freesat HDR-1100S last week. It is connected to a Panasonic TX-L32S10BA TV by HDMI. All working great apart from the fact that it will not wake up from standby.

Have tried switching off the Viera link on TV, swapping HDMI lead to other inputs on TV, and resetting the box. All to no avail. The only thing that works is switching the power off and then back on.

It appears to work as it should, as long as it is not in standby for more than about an hour. After that, pressing the power button, on the remote, makes the red light go out. After waiting a couple of minutes with nothing happening, then pressing the power button again, the red light comes back on. And so it continues.....on / off with each press of the power button.

At a loss to know what else to try other than returning the box. Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

| Thu 3 Dec 2015 19:09:12 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

AcademicX

I'm having exactly the same problem with my HDR-1100S. Mine is connected to a Panasonic TX-P42G20B, I've tried all the things you have tried but to no avail.

I got the HDR-1100S to replace my ageing PVR-9200T, which gave years of trouble-free service.

I'd also welcome any suggestions as to how to resolve this issue, don't particularly want to return the HDR-1100S but might not have any choice if I have to turn it off/on again every time it has been in standby.

| Thu 3 Dec 2015 22:34:27 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum both of you

When the Red LED goes out does it then turn Blue or 'purple ish'

| Fri 4 Dec 2015 10:33:45 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

AcademicX

Thanks Barry, glad I found this forum - seems to have a wealth of useful info, I'm hoping that someone can help with this particular problem.......

When I use the remote to try and take the HDR-1100S out of standby the red light on front of unit goes out - it doesn't go blue or purpleish....then after a period of time it goes back to full red.

| Fri 4 Dec 2015 10:41:33 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Something very amiss there then.

Have you tired a factory rest?

| Fri 4 Dec 2015 10:46:01 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

AcademicX

No yet.....will try and do this at the weekend as a last resort, will report back !!

| Fri 4 Dec 2015 10:55:04 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dossan

Hi Barry,

Thanks for responding. When the power button, on the remote, is pressed the red light goes off....there is no light. It then stays off until the power button is pressed again. I have left the box for up to ten minutes after the light goes off, and it stays off until the power button is pressed again.

Each subsequent press of the power button either switches the red light on or off.

I have done two factory resets to no avail. I have also tried to wake it up with the HDMI cable disconnected from the TV. The result is exactly the same as when the HDMI lead is connected.

| Fri 4 Dec 2015 11:57:36 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

cycl60

Not sure this is the same problem.
    I have HDR1100S for less than one week.
    The kids left the TV on after their game session two days ago.
    When I turn the box on, nothing happens, try to reset the bos etc.
    I turn the TV off and then turn on the box (TV automatically comes on) and everything back to normal.

| Sat 5 Dec 2015 7:36:02 #8 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Dossan - 20 hours ago  » 
    Hi Barry,
    Thanks for responding. When the power button, on the remote, is pressed the red light goes off....there is no light. It then stays off until the power button is pressed again. I have left the box for up to ten minutes after the light goes off, and it stays off until the power button is pressed again.
    Each subsequent press of the power button either switches the red light on or off.
    I have done two factory resets to no avail. I have also tried to wake it up with the HDMI cable disconnected from the TV. The result is exactly the same as when the HDMI lead is connected.

That is obviously not right.

Strange or coincidental that 2 of you have reported the issue on the same day

2 options:

1. Return to retailer for exchange
    2. Contact Humax support for further advice, be advised if they arrange swap out you will get a recon unit (if they have any in stock) in exchange.

| Sat 5 Dec 2015 8:40:08 #9 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

cycl60 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Not sure this is the same problem.
    I have HDR1100S for less than one week.
    The kids left the TV on after their game session two days ago.
    When I turn the box on, nothing happens, try to reset the bos etc.
    I turn the TV off and then turn on the box (TV automatically comes on) and everything back to normal.

Welcome to our Forum

After the gaming session did you select the correct input on the TV for the Humax unit.

| Sat 5 Dec 2015 8:41:34 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.