My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR-1100S - Will not wake up from standby.

(65 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dossan

Hi Hartgroves,

As the original poster of this thread I would strongly recommend insisting on the HDR 1100s box being replaced.

As you can see from my posts, I had the same setup as yourself and tried a number of suggestions and work arounds, but none of them solved the problem.

So I returned the box to the seller and got a full refund. I then purchased one from another seller and it worked, as it should, from moment that I connected it to my setup.

Some of these boxes obviously have a software fault that cannot be fixed by a reset, or a work around.

My Humax HDR1100s (Freesat) box has continued to work perfectly, with the Viera Link on, since received it.

Work arounds should not be required to get the Humax to wake up, so don't waste any more of your time. Insist on a replacement box, or a full refund and purchase one elsewhere.

| Sat 27 May 2017 1:22:41 #61 |
  2. skiday

skiday

I agree with above statement above. Only problem is the machine is now half full of recordings, most of which I still want to view, and some I want to keep forever, so if I send it back (if the supplier [Humax themselves] agrees to a replacement that is) then they are lost. Humax Customer Support told me to turn the Anynet+ on my Samsung TV off, but I have been through all the menus and the TV instruction book and there is no mention of Anynet+ so I'm stuck. What I do find is that the TV HAS to be on for my Humax to turn on, which it will do IF it is cold and not running, but if it is hot, then it requires the upluging and re-connecting of the mains cable (sometimes several times), any then, what it was recording at the time doesn't exist.

| Mon 29 May 2017 14:35:41 #62 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

4. skiday

skiday

I have completely cured this problem, although it wasn't cheep. The suggestion above may well be an excellent cure, but what I did was replace my aging AV amp, which was faulty anyway (probably due to me using extra speakers through a switchbox incorrectly and reducing the resistance to about 2ohm). My new amp is a DENON AVR-X2300, which has HDMI in and out, therefore the CEC instruction comes from the Denon not the TV and now my Humax turns on even if it's recording as well as much better sound. "And that's all I have to say on the matter".
    Thanks for the input everyone.

| Fri 16 Jun 2017 13:31:57 #64 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

hartgroves

Glad you've got yours sorted: We're not using a separate amp, so your solution doesn't really apply in our circumstances. I bought a second-hand Foxsat HDR (to be able to use while the 1100S was sent away to Humax); it's performing perfectly in every respect; admittedly it's got fewer bells and whistles than the 1100S, but the reliability is impeccable.

I'll know more later today as I've just been told that a replacement 1100S box has been delivered and I can't wait to find if the original problems are now solved...

Fingers crossed

| Fri 16 Jun 2017 14:50:22 #65 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.