My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR-1100S - Will not wake up from standby.

(65 posts)
  1. andyb63uk

Andy B

Faust - 52 minutes ago  » 

andyb63uk - 10 hours ago  » 
    OK, Purely for your benefit
    1. "Using CECless cables and connected through an AV receiver", "Anynet+ turned off", AND "it happened with two different 1100s". and it seems hundreds of people are experiencing the same problem regardless of their particular setup

2. "4000T. Never had a problem with it".
    In conclusion to your response and in my experience.
    2 faulty 1100s returned with the same fault are NOT "a really good machine", and the 4000T has never so far showed any "bugs"
    That's my point

So the huge amount of posts regarding problems with the bug ridden 4000T have passed you by then? I'm confident that with some experimentation the individual problems with the 1100s can be resolved.
    I experienced very similar issues with my 2000T when first purchased. It took me a few days to resolve them but resolved they were. In fact one of the problems has only recently been resolved and that's taken me 12 months to realise what's been causing the issue, none of these were faults with the Humax. We're always very quick to blame the product, unwilling to accept even for one minute that our particular setup may be the issue.

That's YOUR experience, which I have not criticised.

In MY experience, and for the third and final time, I have never yet had any bug with MY 4000T.

| Sun 1 May 2016 11:40:35 #51 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

andyb63uk - 1 hour ago  » 

1. "Using CECless cables and connected through an AV receiver", "Anynet+ turned off", AND "it happened with two different 1100s". and it seems hundreds of people are experiencing the same problem regardless of their particular setup
    2 faulty 1100s returned with the same fault are NOT "a really good machine", and the 4000T has never so far showed any "bugs"
    That's my point

So the huge amount of posts regarding problems with the bug ridden 4000T have passed you by then? I'm confident that with some experimentation the individual problems with the 1100s can be resolved.
    I experienced very similar issues with my 2000T when first purchased. It took me a few days to resolve them but resolved they were. In fact one of the problems has only recently been resolved and that's taken me 12 months to realise what's been causing the issue, none of these were faults with the Humax. We're always very quick to blame the product, unwilling to accept even for one minute that our particular setup may be the issue.

In MY experience, and for the third and final time, I have never yet had any bug with MY 4000T.

And yet you're quite willing to recommend someone else buys one on your sole experience whilst knowing that a great many other people have been having issues with the 4000T? A similar situation in reverse regarding the 1100s don't you think?

Oh and just for the record I'm not recommending anyone else purchases a 2000T, even though I managed to resolve 'my setup issues'.

| Sun 1 May 2016 13:18:20 #52 |
  3. andyb63uk

Andy B

Faust - 2 hours ago  » 

andyb63uk - 1 hour ago  » 

That's my point

And yet you're quite willing to recommend someone else buys one on your sole experience whilst knowing that a great many other people have been having issues with the 4000T? A similar situation in reverse regarding the 1100s don't you think?
    Oh and just for the record I'm not recommending anyone else purchases a 2000T, even though I managed to resolve 'my setup issues'.

I recommend a 4000T over an 1100s, you recommend an 1100s over a 2000T. I occurs to me that while I am expressing my view based on my experience, you seem hell bent on ripping me and my opinion to shreds for some completely unknown reason and not respecting my viewpoint. I will not enter into some stupid bickering over an opinion asked for by other users and therefore will no longer be responding to you unless you have something constructive to say. Goodbye.

| Sun 1 May 2016 15:35:46 #53 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I'm pretty sure I haven't recommended that anyone purchase the 1100s over a 2000T.

The reason I took issue with your post was simply because, based on your experience of a product you were urging others to return theirs and purchase something that is currently likely to be just as problematic.

For most people there are work arounds for the 1100s and I'm sure with a little patience a solution will be forthcoming. Let's put it this way, what I've read so far wouldn't put me off buying one if my 1000s packed up.

You don't need to respond as you have my point.

| Sun 1 May 2016 16:27:42 #54 |
  5. Asp

Asp

Well this set up is very basic, a Sony TV plus Humax box nothing else.
    Unfortunately the repeated tapping the zero has drawn a blank as well, thanks for the suggestion.
    There doesn't look to be any more options.
    I will see what Humax support have to say though not holding out much hope.

| Sun 1 May 2016 17:34:38 #55 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Asp - `You did not mention your boot sequence - I would suggest the TV and then after 5 secs the Humax.
    My TV takes a while to get ready to see HDMI changes.
    Also try setting the Humax to output a fixed resolution say 1080I which all TV's should now support.

| Sun 1 May 2016 17:43:50 #56 |
  7. Asp

Asp

Thanks will give it ago. TV is about three to four years old so will it support 1080I?

| Mon 2 May 2016 22:17:04 #57 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I Would think that anything that is HD ready would support 1080I.

| Tue 3 May 2016 6:42:14 #58 |
  9. Asp

Asp

The latest update. TV adjusted to 1080I. The remote still just turns the unit off and into standby (red). However if i use the on and off button the unit seems to work ok. It turns on to blue and the remote thens seems to control the unit / channels ok. I can even turn the TV off and put the Humax into standby by using the TV off button. It would just be nice to be able to lay in bed in the mornings and turn the Humax on without getting out of bed!
    The unit appears to record everything ok.

| Fri 6 May 2016 20:48:24 #59 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

hartgroves

Getting exasperated now: correspondence below explains why:

'Right Lauren. It's a month later, and nothing has changed: We've reset the box numerous times. We still have the regular problem with the HDR 1100s not waking and requiring removal of its power lead and a wait before it becomes operational again.

Additionally, and for no reason we can fathom, occasionally scheduled series recordings fail to take place.

I reiterate that our Panasonic TV has Viera Link and power save disabled. We used the same TV without any issue with our previous Humax box (Freeview rather than Freesat - a house move has taken us into an area with no terrestrial TV signal, so we had to go for the satellite option).

HDMI leads have been swapped-out without any noticeable effect. According to the on-screen information, the installed software is the most recent version. The unit was bought as 'refurbished' directly from you with a 12 month guarantee - I am concerned that the reason it was 'refurbished' may well have been because it had a fault (that had obviously not been rectified) and been accordingly returned by another customer.

Please will you either give me details of how to return the unit to you for replacement with a model which operates 100% properly or refund the purchase price.'

Sent from my iPad

On 27 Apr 2017, at 09:23, Humax Customer Support <uksupport@humaxonline.co.uk> wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Humax.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble.

Please find the instructions below to reset your box which should help resolve your issue.

Following these instructions will reset some system settings including your Recording Schedule (Please replace when complete to ensure you still record favourite programmes)

Any previous recorded programmes will be saved.

Press Settings or Home on your remote.
    Move to Settings > System Settings and press OK.
    Move to Factory Default and press OK.
    Reset System will be highlighted, press OK.
    It will ask you if you are sure, highlight yes and press OK.
    It will then ask for your password, default is 0000
    The box will then reset itself. You will then need to go through the initial setup again.

Best Regards,

Lauren
    Humax Customer Support

For further help please visit http://www.humaxdigital.com or http://www.humaxdirect.co.uk.
    Here you will find:
    FAQ's & Product information
    Live Chat function

Click here to complete our Customer Satisfaction Survey

25/04/2017 20:00 - Si Hartgroves wrote:
    Hi I bought a Humax 1100s from you - order date was 5th November last year, order
    ref number was 145020903.

We have been plagued with problems with it - chiefly the fact that most days it
    cannot be woken from standby unless we unplug it from the wall and reconnect it.
    It also regularly fails to record programmes for no apparent reason.

Our TV is a Panasonic TX-P42X50B and Viera Link is switched to 'off', as is
    intelligent power standby, auto standby and power save. TV power on preference is
    set to AV, but this setting makes no difference to the failing operation of the
    recorder. On the Humax, auto power down is set to 'off' and standby mode is set to
    normal.

Device ID is FS-HMX-03A-0001-BC55, loader version UKSFAA 1.09, System ID
    809C.7D05, update date 21 JUL 2016, MICOM version UKSFAA 8.04.01 and ESN
    FT00100000000000000000000000000476506. Signal strength and quality on both tuners
    is recorded as good.

Can you please either suggest a solution that works, or arrange a replacement that
    does not have these problems. Reading the various AV forums, it seems that the
    inability to wake is a common problem with this model, and in its current state it
    isn't fit for purpose.

| Fri 26 May 2017 20:04:30 #60 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.