My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR-1100S - Will not wake up from standby.

(65 posts)
  1. andyb63uk

Andy B

My 1100s was doing the same thing Using CECless cables and connected through an AV receiver, so I can't see how my Samsung TV would "handshake" the 1100s (or vice versa) as the TV was fed by the AV receiver and had Anynet+ turned off. AND it happened with two different 1100s.

My advice, send it back and get the 4000T. Never had a problem with it and I can record up to 4 programs at the same time.

| Sat 30 Apr 2016 10:37:19 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

andyb63uk - 16 minutes ago  » 
    My 1100s was doing the same thing Using CECless cables and connected through an AV receiver, so I can't see how my Samsung TV would "handshake" the 1100s (or vice versa) as the TV was fed by the AV receiver and had Anynet+ turned off. AND it happened with two different 1100s.
    My advice, send it back and get the 4000T. Never had a problem with it and I can record up to 4 programs at the same time.

You have to be joking right? Send back the 1100s which is a really good machine for the bug ridden 4000T. That IMO is a really bad piece of advice.

You may not believe this but it is most unlikely that there is anything wrong with the Freesat machines. The issue 99% of the time is with the TVs HDMI handshaking capabilities.

| Sat 30 Apr 2016 10:55:15 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

AcademicX

andyb63uk - 20 minutes ago  » 

Thanks for the suggestion, just looked at the Humax website and the 4000T seems to be a Freeview device and I need a Freesat device (signal via aerial is particularly poor in my location).

I can live with my work-around for the problem and besides this issue I like the HDR-1100S

| Sat 30 Apr 2016 11:03:23 #43 |
  4. Asp

Asp

I will try the "0" option later -(thanks) as my wife is currently watching the TV. At present the only way to wake it up is to unplug it from the mains and that is not a viable work around. Once woken it is good for a short while before forgetting the connection. I have removed the CEC less adapter.

I will be interested in what Humax say when the get around to responding to my reply.

| Sat 30 Apr 2016 13:07:41 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

AcademicX - 3 hours ago  » 
    Thought I'd update my experiences in connection with this issue.
    I never got around to returning my HDR-1100 even though it continued to have the same problem of not waking up from standby, aside from procrastination part of the reason for not returning it was that I found a work around that suits my setup/use of the equipment.
    When not watching TV I don't leave my Panasonic TX-P42G20B plasma in standby, I generally turn it off via the switch at the side. I found that if I bring the HDR-1100 out of standby first (using the remote) and allow it to complete its initiation sequence (front light goes solid blue) before I switch the TV on then I never experience the stalling issue with the HDR-1100.
    This approach might be of limited value to others but it might be useful information to someone who understands the 'handshaking' procedures between TVs and the HDR-1100.

Funnily enough we would occasionally have this issue with our old Panasonic PX60 Plasma and our Sky+ HD box. We found the way to cure it was to toggle the AV inputs, this always restored viewing.

I mentioned this to our neighbour who like us has the 1000s - his is linked to a Sony KDL-32V4000. He has told us it works every time and thanked us as he was on the point of taking the box back.

Worth a try maybe?

| Sat 30 Apr 2016 14:18:05 #45 |
  6. andyb63uk

Andy B

Faust - 9 hours ago  » 

You have to be joking right? Send back the 1100s which is a really good machine for the bug ridden 4000T. That IMO is a really bad piece of advice.
    You may not believe this but it is most unlikely that there is anything wrong with the Freesat machines. The issue 99% of the time is with the TVs HDMI handshaking capabilities.

Er, did you read the rest of my quote or just the bit that said send it back.... Read it again so I dont have to repeat mtself

| Sat 30 Apr 2016 20:10:59 #46 |
  7. Asp

Asp

Unfortunately the 4000 T is Freeview I believe which is not any good for me as I cannot get Freeview signal has to be Freesat.

| Sat 30 Apr 2016 22:02:53 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

andyb63uk - 2 hours ago  » 

Faust - 9 hours ago  » 

Er, did you read the rest of my quote or just the bit that said send it back.... Read it again so I dont have to repeat mtself

Yes read it again, and your point is?

| Sat 30 Apr 2016 22:50:42 #48 |
  9. andyb63uk

Andy B

OK, Purely for your benefit
    1. "Using CECless cables and connected through an AV receiver", "Anynet+ turned off", AND "it happened with two different 1100s". and it seems hundreds of people are experiencing the same problem regardless of their particular setup
    2. "4000T. Never had a problem with it".

In conclusion to your response and in my experience.

2 faulty 1100s returned with the same fault are NOT "a really good machine", and the 4000T has never so far showed any "bugs"

That's my point

| Sun 1 May 2016 0:03:03 #49 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

andyb63uk - 10 hours ago  » 
    OK, Purely for your benefit
    1. "Using CECless cables and connected through an AV receiver", "Anynet+ turned off", AND "it happened with two different 1100s". and it seems hundreds of people are experiencing the same problem regardless of their particular setup
    2. "4000T. Never had a problem with it".
    In conclusion to your response and in my experience.
    2 faulty 1100s returned with the same fault are NOT "a really good machine", and the 4000T has never so far showed any "bugs"
    That's my point

So the huge amount of posts regarding problems with the bug ridden 4000T have passed you by then? I'm confident that with some experimentation the individual problems with the 1100s can be resolved.

I experienced very similar issues with my 2000T when first purchased. It took me a few days to resolve them but resolved they were. In fact one of the problems has only recently been resolved and that's taken me 12 months to realise what's been causing the issue, none of these were faults with the Humax. We're always very quick to blame the product, unwilling to accept even for one minute that our particular setup may be the issue.

| Sun 1 May 2016 10:42:51 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.