My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR-1100S - Will not wake up from standby.

(65 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

AcademicX

Strange or coincidental that 2 of you have reported the issue on the same day...

I can see why you might think this but I've been lurking on the forum for weeks trying to solve my issue, when I saw Dossan's post (whose problem exactly replicated mine) I joined the forum and posted......surely this is one of the points of a forum??!!

Anyway, thanks for your suggestions. I will continue trying to resolve this issue with my HDR-1100S which, besides this problem, is a nice piece of kit - hopefully I won't have to go through the rigmarole of having to return it: fortunately I bought it from John Lewis and it came with a 2 year guarantee (thanks for the warning that Humax only replace with a recon unit).

| Sat 5 Dec 2015 9:44:14 #11 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

AcademicX - 1 hour ago  » 

Strange or coincidental that 2 of you have reported the issue on the same day...

I can see why you might think this but I've been lurking on the forum for weeks trying to solve my issue, when I saw Dossan's post (whose problem exactly replicated mine) I joined the forum and posted......surely this is one of the points of a forum??!!

Whoa hang on...I did not mean anything disrespectful with my comment.

| Sat 5 Dec 2015 10:49:34 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

cycl60

Yes, I did change it back to the correct HDMI input and the box did not behave normally somehow.
    Cannot remember the exact sequence of events and status of the light on the Humax but remember it is not quite what I was expecting and there is no picture on screen.
    Hence I tried to turned the Humax box on off / took out power cable etc and did not make any difference.
    TV is on all this time.

The only thing bring it back to life is to turn the TV off (Humax off automatically) and then turned the Humax back on (TV on automatically).

That probably not the same problem anyway. Thought it may worth mentioning here.

| Sat 5 Dec 2015 11:15:23 #13 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

cycl60 - 21 minutes ago  » 
    Yes, I did change it back to the correct HDMI input and the box did not behave normally somehow.
    Cannot remember the exact sequence of events and status of the light on the Humax but remember it is not quite what I was expecting and there is no picture on screen.
    Hence I tried to turned the Humax box on off / took out power cable etc and did not make any difference.
    TV is on all this time.
    The only thing bring it back to life is to turn the TV off (Humax off automatically) and then turned the Humax back on (TV on automatically).
    That probably not the same problem anyway. Thought it may worth mentioning here.

You need to turn off whatever your TV calls CEC control. It's this feature that causes your TV to switch on when you power up the box and vice versa.

Seems very likely to be the cause of the problem.

CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) is the control protocol found in HDMI. Trade names for CEC are Anynet+ (Samsung); Aquos Link (Sharp); BRAVIA Link and BRAVIA Sync (Sony); HDMI-CEC (Hitachi); E-link (AOC); Kuro Link (Pioneer); CE-Link and Regza Link (Toshiba); RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI) (Onkyo); RuncoLink (Runco International); SimpLink (LG); HDAVI Control, EZ-Sync, VIERA Link (Panasonic); EasyLink (Philips); and NetCommand for HDMI (Mitsubishi).

| Sat 5 Dec 2015 11:39:34 #14 |
  5. andyb63uk

Andy B

I'm having the same problem even though Anynet+ is turned off on my Samsung Smart TV. So could the problem be with the 1100s rather than the connection to the TV??

Also, I wonder why there would be an OFF anyway, surely Standby and On should be the only 2 options as (in my case) I would never turn the unit OFF so as not to miss preset recordings.

| Sat 5 Dec 2015 18:24:59 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

andyb63uk - 45 minutes ago  » 
    I'm having the same problem even though Anynet+ is turned off on my Samsung Smart TV. So could the problem be with the 1100s rather than the connection to the TV??
    Also, I wonder why there would be an OFF anyway, surely Standby and On should be the only 2 options as (in my case) I would never turn the unit OFF so as not to miss preset recordings.

A bit puzzled, what has the off option ? If you mean anynet+, it simply turns off the CEC control function. All this does is disable the TV from auto selecting a HDMI port and it's associated capability to turn off the TV when a cec capable item is connected to the TV, and the reverse turn off the connected box when the TV is turned off.

| Sat 5 Dec 2015 19:13:39 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dossan

Hi Barry,

Yes, unfortunately,it looks as if I'll need to return it to the seller, as there seems to be a problem with the box itself.

By the way, when I connected up the box initially it would connect to my WiFi network, but not to the internet. So none of the On Demand or Showcase stuff would work. That problem was solved thanks to a tip on this Forum.

I have a BTHub4 router and turning off "Smart Connect" on the hub allowed it to connect to the internet. So thanks for that.

I'll let you know if the replacement box works correctly.

| Sat 5 Dec 2015 20:12:52 #17 |
  8. andyb63uk

Andy B

A bit puzzled, what has the off option ? If you mean anynet+, it simply turns off the CEC control function. All this does is disable the TV from auto selecting a HDMI port and it's associated capability to turn off the TV when a cec capable item is connected to the TV, and the reverse turn off the connected box when the TV is turned off.

Why Puzzled? When this problem occurs, the Humax 1100s is OFF (no LED). pressing either the power button on the Humax 1100s or on the remote brings the LED on a dim red (normally standby). Pressing either power button turns the dim red LED OFF. The Humax 1100s does NOT power up. Following so far?

Unplug the Humax 1100s from the mains, wait a minute, plug it back in and hey presto it powers up with dim red LED in Standby. Pressing either power button powers up the Humax 1100s with dim Blue LED. Got it?

So the question is, Why does the Humax switch itself OFF?

| Sun 6 Dec 2015 16:41:53 #18 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

This is sounding like a possible power supply issue. Are the power supply connections firmly made?

| Sun 6 Dec 2015 17:12:01 #19 |
  10. andyb63uk

Andy B

REPASSAC - 7 hours ago  » 
    This is sounding like a possible power supply issue. Are the power supply connections firmly made?

Yes, and the only time there was a power problem was a power cut, and the Humax did not come on when the power came back on, but when I pressed the power button the Humax worked just as it should.

| Mon 7 Dec 2015 0:36:54 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.