My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR-1100S - Will not wake up from standby.

(65 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Dossan

Update - 18/12/2015

I returned my Humax HDR-1100S to the seller. He said he'd done a HDD clean up, and a reformat, and that it was now waking up from standby as it should. He also said that a factory reset on it's own would not have sorted the standby issue.

However, I was not confident that the problem would not come back and asked for a refund, rather than having the box returned to me. The seller gave me a full refund.

I have now purchased another HDR-1100S and it worked, as it should, straight from the box.

Hope the other members, who had the same problem as myself, have managed to get the issue sorted.

| Fri 18 Dec 2015 20:10:26 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

AcademicX

Dossan,

Thanks for the update. My HDR-1100S is still intermittently having this annoying problem. I think I will wait until after Christmas and return it to John Lewis for a replacement.

| Sat 19 Dec 2015 9:50:47 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

MikeS

Hi all,

I have recognised exactly the same problem as described by the OP. However this problem only began after I connected a known good HDR-1100S box to a Samsung Smart TV with Anynet+. The problem could be solved by disconnecting the power to the Humax box, but only to re-occur later.
    When I disabled the Anynet+ on the TV the problem was solved.

I observed that switching off the TV caused the HDR-1100 to switch from On to Standby. I guess this is expected behaviour of the Anynet+. However I believe it puts the Freesat box into a confused state about whether it is on or off! Coming back to the unit after a period of time, it can only be toggled between Standby (red led) and Off (no led).

So this is not a hardware fault or a power supply issue. It is a software issue, but with a simple workaround if you are happy to go without Anynet+.

| Sat 9 Jan 2016 10:51:42 #23 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

Life used to be so much easier when units had a display where one could read the error codes.

| Sat 9 Jan 2016 15:15:00 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jimkeane

I have a six-year old Panasonic plasma and the failure to wake from standby is causing issues for me too, particularly as we need to have CEC enabled for our Kodi box's HDMI CEC adapter.

Presumably this might resolve any CEC related woes if connected between the HDR-1100s and TV:
    https://www.pulse-eight.com/p/110/cec-less-hdmi-cable

Grateful for any thoughts on this

| Fri 22 Jan 2016 18:35:15 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

jimkeane

We have had the CEC-less cable in for nearly a week now and all is good. No issues coming back on at all. I also like the fact I can leave the box paused, even in apps, then turn off the TV, Turn the TV back on, and it is exactly how I left it (useful when there is no screensaver on the box).

A word of advice for anyone ordering the cable, it is VERY short (25cm) and should really have a female HDMI socket at one end or be supplied with a coupler. That said, it isn't prohibitively expensive, allows me to leave CEC enabled and has ended all complaints about the box from Mrs. K.

Ideally Humax should offer these cables for free to those affected.

I did look at the Lindy HDMI CEC Blocker, but there seem to have been a batch of these supplied with all their pins connected and did not feel like risking it.

jimkeane - 1 week ago  » 
    I have a six-year old Panasonic plasma and the failure to wake from standby is causing issues for me too, particularly as we need to have CEC enabled for our Kodi box's HDMI CEC adapter.
    Presumably this might resolve any CEC related woes if connected between the HDR-1100s and TV:
    https://www.pulse-eight.com/p/110/cec-less-hdmi-cable
    Grateful for any thoughts on this

| Tue 2 Feb 2016 22:35:45 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jaime

I have the same issue as the OP. The box cannot be woken from standby, the red light just turns off when the power button is pressed. Rebooting fixes it. I've only had the box for a few days. I've just disabled CEC on my Samsung TV, but I don't have much confidence... I'm wondering if this is a software issue, or if I should get the box replaced, any suggestions?

| Thu 31 Mar 2016 22:38:20 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jaime

Update: the problem is still there. Off to try and replace it tomorrow

| Fri 1 Apr 2016 22:45:11 #28 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

When I disabled CEC on my Philips I need to reboot the TV and power cycle the HDR-1000S before all was OK.

| Sat 2 Apr 2016 7:29:25 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

speculatrix

I have a Sony TV 32EX703 which allows HDMI-CEC to be enabled/disabled on individual HDMI ports; it's deep in the menus to disable, but it is there.

I did have it turned on for a while, but I have power saving enabled on the TV with the presence sensor, so I would pause something, go off and get a cup of tea, get distracted and do something else and come back to resume watching and find the TV had turned itself off and caused the Humax to do the same and so my paused program would be lost.

| Sat 2 Apr 2016 21:59:39 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.