HDR-2000t COM7 MUX problem

(297 posts)
  1. Marvin

Marvin

Spoke too soon - it's gone again!

| Sun 18 Oct 2015 18:35:57 #161 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

raichea

I've been suffering this problem since September last year... I see someone here found my earlier thread (https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/not-receiving-dvb-t2). After my initial problems with COM7 coming and going for a few weeks at a time, I had a few months in Spring/Summer when COM7 was nice and stable. For the last three months, however, it's been as temperamental as ever - possibly more so. This week, I lost the first episode of Fargo because I'd chosen to record it on 4+1HD and COM7 did it's thing sometime before the recording was scheduled.

Back before the stable period, I contacted the Freeview people and Humax, but drew a blank, as has everyone here. When I spoke to Humax (March/April this year, I think), they said no-one else had reported it, and no-one else joined in on my original thread so I thought it was just my box suffering the problem - it's a small relief to find I'm not alone...

Weak signal or interference were my main hypothetical possible causes, but it seems unlikely that several people over a wider geographical area have interference problems (unless the source is close to the transmitter??). My TV picks COM7 up absolutely rock-solidly (as also observed by others) so I think it must be a failing of the Humax tuners.

| Wed 21 Oct 2015 9:44:05 #162 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

We don't experience this problem with our Humax 2000T on the south coast but do with a Samsung TV in London.

Surely it's a signal strength issue?

| Wed 21 Oct 2015 20:29:38 #163 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

First of all thank you for adding me to your forum page. I have had my Humax 2000T since February,and I live in the Reading Area. I have myself have had trouble with COM7 channels on my 2000T. Because I get a good Signal where I live, I tried some other HD recorders and found they worked fine on my aerial. So I contacted Humax and they put me through some tests. In the end they said it must be a signal fault as its not their software. I told them its seem to be just affecting Humax and Youview boxes as they make Youview receivers in our area. They told me to contact digital UK, so I did, they then told me its a manufactures problem not a signal problem, so it looks like we are stuck with this part time signal on our Humax recorders.

| Wed 21 Oct 2015 22:55:51 #164 |
  5. Marvin

Marvin

Victor Delta - 12 hours ago  » 
    Surely it's a signal strength issue?

The fact that there are several instances reported here where equipment from other manufacturers is working from exactly the same feed as a non-working Humax suggests it is not just signal strength.

Also the fact that it seems to randomly come and go for weeks/months at a time sometimes. When mine is working, it works perfectly, signal strength is reported as good. Then it goes completely. It's on or off, all or nothing.

I would hypothesise that *something* about the signal *is* changing, but this leads to the Humax being unable to decode it at all. So it may be content rather than strength...

We now seem suck in a deadlock between the manufacturer and the provider blaming each other and neither caring to resolve the matter.

| Thu 22 Oct 2015 9:04:50 #165 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

steve-p

I don't think it's just signal strength on my Humax YouView box, but something about the signal itself might be upsetting the tuner. When COM7 came back last week, I checked the strength/quality, and it was 75%/100%. So I did a full retune, which I hadn't done for a while, and COM7 disappeared again. I tried 5 retunes in a row, all without COM7 reappearing. I turned off power to the box for two minutes, powered it up again and did a retune. COM7 came back this time, and still 75%/100%. So why did it disappear when it was most likely 75% strength all along?

I am wondering if something in the signal is putting the tuner into a state where it stops being able to decode the multiplex. The tuners are probably mostly in software, after all, and a cold start seemed to make a difference, in my case. Although it has gone again now, and I haven't tried power cycling it to see if it comes back.

No-one really has the answer to this issue. A common theme is that we all seem to gain and lose it at once, which suggests something at the transmitter end is triggering it. Another common theme is that other TVs and Freeview devices have no problem with COM7, it's just the Humax ones.

| Thu 22 Oct 2015 9:24:10 #166 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

When COM7 came back last week, I checked the strength/quality, and it was 75%/100%. So I did a full retune, which I hadn't done for a while, and COM7 disappeared again. I tried 5 retunes in a row, all without COM7 reappearing. I turned off power to the box for two minutes, powered it up again and did a retune. COM7 came back this time, and still 75%/100%. So why did it disappear when it was most likely 75% strength all along?

YouView tuners can be problematic (or such was the case when I had YouView - might have improved since then). You could try a Maintenance Mode reset, then make sure passthrough is off and do a full retune, see what happens. Seems to have worked for at least one poster in the YouView forum (https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/freeview_initial_tunning)

No-one really has the answer to this issue.

The reports in this thread probably aren't all due to one issue. Equipment, environment, location, all vary from one poster to another

A common theme is that we all seem to gain and lose it at once,which suggests something at the transmitter end is triggering it.

Changes in the weather can affect more than one user at the same time, while others nearby are not affected. Other local problems can also contribute, e.g. heavy rain can disrupt reception due to water ingress.

Another common theme is that other TVs and Freeview devices have no problem with COM7, it's just the Humax ones.

It's a Humax forum. And see post #163 above.

| Thu 22 Oct 2015 13:55:15 #167 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

Another common theme is that other TVs and Freeview devices have no problem with COM7, it's just the Humax ones.

It's a Humax forum. And see post #163 above.

And surely not all these posts are from Humax users. http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2052163

| Sat 24 Oct 2015 23:32:55 #168 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

iirc some Huawei owners were reporting the problem on the YouView community forum.

| Sun 25 Oct 2015 0:18:32 #169 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

bill63

special member

I was just wondering does any body know if the new 4000T have the same problem with COM7 ?.

| Sun 25 Oct 2015 11:31:34 #170 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.