My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR-2000t COM7 MUX problem

(297 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

steve-p

JamesB - 48 minutes ago  » 

Scott McC - 57 minutes ago  » 
    COM7 channels down again! Exactly the same issue as when I kicked off this topic back in April 2015. Samsung TV ok but Humax not picking up any of the COM7 channels. Reception went down between 23:45 on 23 February and 21:45 on 24 February. In the past numerous posters have speculated that heavy rain in the area may be to blame however we have had no such occurances this time. I'm in the West Reading area (RG30).

It's high pressure (such as we have presently in many parts of England) that can lead to intermittent loss of a MUX.

Is that a verified fact that this is the cause of this specific issue? Because it sounds like a guess.

| Thu 25 Feb 2016 11:00:28 #241 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Google Freeview inversion for info.

| Thu 25 Feb 2016 11:03:20 #242 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Faust - 15 minutes ago  » 

JamesB - 38 minutes ago  » 

Scott McC - 57 minutes ago  » 
    COM7 channels down again! Exactly the same issue as when I kicked off this topic back in April 2015. Samsung TV ok but Humax not picking up any of the COM7 channels. Reception went down between 23:45 on 23 February and 21:45 on 24 February. In the past numerous posters have speculated that heavy rain in the area may be to blame however we have had no such occurances this time. I'm in the West Reading area (RG30).

It's high pressure (such as we have presently in many parts of England) that can lead to intermittent loss of a MUX.

I always thought that was just an analogue issue e.g. picture ghosting, white noise etc. The digital bods have always been keen to tell us this can't happen with digital broadcasts?

The modulation may be digital, the carrier wave is the good old fashioned analogue. Before DSO often lost digital TV during high pressure conditions. Higher powers will make the signal more robust but this also applies to distant transmitters being able to travel further.

You don't get noise, the signal just disappears.

| Thu 25 Feb 2016 11:09:31 #243 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

The relevant question is: is the 2000T more susceptible to freeview inversion than other Freeview receivers? Multiple people on this thread say that when the 2000T loses COM7, their TV can still receive it. This would imply there is a specific problem with the 2000T.

| Thu 25 Feb 2016 14:17:17 #244 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Owen Smith - 18 minutes ago  » 
    The relevant question is: is the 2000T more susceptible to freeview inversion than other Freeview receivers? Multiple people on this thread say that when the 2000T loses COM7, their TV can still receive it. This would imply there is a specific problem with the 2000T.

Judging by the frequency this is reported I doubt it's down to co-channel interference. I can't see other kit at the same location not being similary affected.

To be certain you would need to look at the signal using a spectrum analyser (which would mean a professional aerial rigger with the kit).

| Thu 25 Feb 2016 14:37:17 #245 |
  6. Marvin

Marvin

Since the last outage I have acquired a new HD TV (Samsung 6400) so it will be interesting to see if that has lost Com7 too when I get home. Past reports here would have me put my money on "not"

| Thu 25 Feb 2016 14:55:03 #246 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

grahamlthompson - 36 minutes ago  » 

Owen Smith - 18 minutes ago  » 

Judging by the frequency this is reported I doubt it's down to co-channel interference. I can't see other kit at the same location not being similary affected.

It's not always Humax that loses Hannington COM7 though. Tends to be, on this forum, because it's a Humax forum but see for instance https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/hannington-com7-problems?topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Bfilter_by%5D=all&topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Breply_id%5D=16166442#reply_1616644

As the loss is now occurring again, it might be interesting if any of those experiencing this wanted to post on the YouView forum - see if responses are elicited from any Huawei YouView owners.

| Thu 25 Feb 2016 15:21:17 #247 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Also worth noting: Hannington Planned Engineering Works this week.

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/help_and_advice/engineering_works

| Thu 25 Feb 2016 16:23:32 #248 |
  9. Marvin

Marvin

Yup, as predicted
    Humax: Com7 dead
    Samsung: Com7 alive

Both fed of exactly the same aerial

| Thu 25 Feb 2016 18:31:09 #249 |
  10. Biggles

Biggles

special member

JamesB - 4 hours ago  » 
    It's not always Humax that loses Hannington COM7 though. Tends to be, on this forum, because it's a Humax forum but see for instance https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/hannington-com7-problems?topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Bfilter_by%5D=all&topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Breply_id%5D=16166442#reply_1616644
    As the loss is now occurring again, it might be interesting if any of those experiencing this wanted to post on the YouView forum - see if responses are elicited from any Huawei YouView owners.

I have a TalkTalk Huawei YouView box which has never lost COM7, checked over a period of time as members on this thread have reported a loss. Tuned to the Waltham transmitter, 38% signal strength (now), 100% quality, UHF channel 31, loft mounted aerial.

| Thu 25 Feb 2016 20:22:02 #250 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.