My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR-2000t COM7 MUX problem

(297 posts)
  1. SumpRat

SumpRat

I got a reply from Digital UK. They suggested a reset and retune but apart from that not a lot other than contact Humax (they aren't technical regarding PVRs). They did confirm there were no faults at Hannington.

As an aside did you know there is a mortuary at the Hannington/Cottington Hill aerial site. I have no idea why but noticed it there on a previous work visit (smart metering).

I have also had a couple of tours inside the transmitter hall. One quite a few years ago and most of the equipment was still valve based and was cooled by using the latent heat of evaporation of boiling water to steam.

The second visit was just a couple of years ago. Most of the equipment now is about a 10th of the size and using modern electronics.

Simon

| Wed 22 Apr 2015 18:49:36 #41 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

SumpRat - 6 minutes ago  » 
    I got a reply from Digital UK. They suggested a reset and retune but apart from that not a lot other than contact Humax (they aren't technical regarding PVRs).

And yet all four DigitalUK owners are also owners of YouView, which relies on a Humax-built PVR as one of its two boxes. I imagine they'd have no difficulty calling on the necessary PVR expertise if they wanted to.

| Wed 22 Apr 2015 19:01:54 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

SumpRat - 39 minutes ago  » 

As an aside did you know there is a mortuary at the Hannington/Cottington Hill aerial site. I have no idea why but noticed it there on a previous work visit (smart metering).

A modern mortuary? Or the one mentioned in this rather interesting description of S Mary's Church?

http://www.clerewoodlands.org.uk/content/pages/documents/1306427630.pdf

| Wed 22 Apr 2015 19:31:47 #43 |
  4. SumpRat

SumpRat

JamesB - 11 hours ago  » 

SumpRat - 39 minutes ago  » 

A modern mortuary? Or the one mentioned in this rather interesting description of S Mary's Church?
    http://www.clerewoodlands.org.uk/content/pages/documents/1306427630.pdf

Actually on the Hannington site, just a building annexe with the sign on it saying Mortuary.

| Thu 23 Apr 2015 7:22:18 #44 |
  5. Marvin

Marvin

I'm also suffering the same loss of Com7 since retuning for Spike on the 15th - same issue, 0% signal. I'm in OX13 (but using Hannington) with 2000T

| Thu 23 Apr 2015 12:55:54 #45 |
  6. SumpRat

SumpRat

Looks like something similar happened about a year ago...
    http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/not-receiving-dvb-t2

| Fri 24 Apr 2015 7:38:05 #46 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Eribow

I have read the previous posts and guess what, I have the exact same problem; COM7 has vanished on my HDR-2000T. My Sony TV is working fine. I also live in Reading. I've tried all the manual retune and factory reset stuff to no avail. Same thing, no signal on channel 32. I'd emailed Humax support before I found this forum, no response yet. Not sure what to do next. Any ideas welcome.

| Sat 25 Apr 2015 21:25:54 #47 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Cookie

I have now run out of ideas for lost com7 and I have now emailed humax customer support so will post reply if and when I receive one. Thanks ...

| Sun 26 Apr 2015 11:48:04 #48 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Scott McC

Hi All

Still no joy. I tried placing an attenuator in the aerial path (as some have suggested and tried) but to no avail.

I called Humax on Friday (my 4th time in the last 2 weeks). I had barely started speaking when they said "ah the COM7 MUX problem", confirming they are aware. They did say that "not many people have contacted them about this" so I got the distinct feeling they are not too fussed. The rep told me to contact Digital UK as the boxes are not broken and there is little if anything Humax can do. I was told it was more likely to be too much signal power than too little (with the Humax having a signal amp built in).

Even if it can't be fixed I'd still like to know what happened at Hannington around the 14th April.

| Sun 26 Apr 2015 21:48:47 #49 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

steve-p

I'm still kind of hoping COM7 will eventually return as mysteriously as it disappeared. It's the first problem I've ever had with freeview reception from Hannington since On Digital days, when my wideband aerial was put on the roof. I have to say that regardless of what may have triggered this issue, I blame Humax 100% for the inconvenience because my TV is still receiving all channels perfectly well.

| Mon 27 Apr 2015 16:46:55 #50 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.