My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

HDR-2000T stuck on Factory Loader

(28 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

wpb - 1 day ago  » 
    Tried tonight, but failed. It wouldn't read from the USB stick at all. It seems to be very temperamental in that respect. I'll try tomorrow by reformatting the USB stick and try to persuade it to read it.

Good morning wpb,
    Have you managed to resolve your problem with usb file? John L

| Wed 11 Jan 2023 11:58:15 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

wpb

Thanks for asking. No, I failed miserably again. I can't even get it to read from the same USB stick as before, and the same .hdf file. It occurred to me - does it copy that file from there onto its internal HDD? If so, perhaps there's a problem with the HDD and it's not the USB stick that's at fault at all. I noticed there's no sound coming from the box when I power it on. I took the lid off an saw that there's no fan inside, but I'd have expected to hear the HDD spin up?

| Wed 11 Jan 2023 12:06:57 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi wpb,

It could very well be the hard drive, but you will lose all your recordings if faulty. But have you checked to see how your usb drive stick has been formated? I had the same problem as mentioned some time back. I found the format was incorrect, hence file was not loading. You need to make sure the format is FAT32. Your drive maybe exFAT (as defaulted by Windows OS). If it is the hard drive, you will have to remove it & test on a pc. John L

| Wed 11 Jan 2023 12:10:37 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

wpb

Yes, thanks for the suggestion. I've formatted to FAT32 with a multitude of different tools in the hopes of getting it working. And frustratingly, it did load the hdr from here once: https://uk.humaxdigital.com/support/?category_id=12&product_id=794&curr_page=sw_release - but it won't do it anymore. Leading me to wonder if something else is wrong.

I have no recordings to lose on the HDD. This unit has never worked. My parents bought it but couldn't get it to work (assuming it was their ignorance, not some problem with the device), and just shoved it in a drawer. So it's long past its return window, but it was basically a brick from point of sale!

| Wed 11 Jan 2023 12:15:26 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

If you are using the front USB port, try the rear. Or vice versa.

| Wed 11 Jan 2023 12:24:56 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

wpb

I must say I've mostly been trying the front, and only occasionally the back. I'll give that a try too. Thanks.

| Wed 11 Jan 2023 12:27:09 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Have you got a spare drive you could use? If not, remove the hard drive & the pvr should allow you to boot up to hopefully install the file. The hard drive if faulty maybe blocking the process? The pvr will operate as a receiver without recording facility until you sort this out. The usb file is transfered to a chip on the motherboard's firmware. Anything is worth a try. John L

| Wed 11 Jan 2023 12:27:29 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

wpb

Can anyone with a working unit confirm whether or not they can hear the HDD spinning when it's on? But okay, if the update file is copied to on-board memory and installed without going via the HDD, it's less likely that's my problem.

| Wed 11 Jan 2023 12:30:04 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

wpb - 1 hour ago  » 
    Can anyone with a working unit confirm whether or not they can hear the HDD spinning when it's on?

I think you should be able to hear the hard drive spinning but the update would work without the hard drive connected. You are correct that the update is written to flash memory on the motherboard. Can I ask where your parents bought this box from?

| Wed 11 Jan 2023 13:52:41 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

wpb

Thanks for the info. Yes, it was bought from IJTDirect.co.uk in Nov 2021 - I still have the invoice.

| Wed 11 Jan 2023 13:56:24 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.