My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR1000 Repeatedly Going Into Standby

(62 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Peter

Hi,
    My HDR1000 is sporadically going into standby - it happens 2 or 3 times each evening whilst just viewing a live programme. It can also happen whilst recording. This doesn't seem to be the same as the rebooting issue reported elsewhere in the forum recently. My box just shuts down and remains in standby and I have to physically start it up again. I have recently carried out a factory default reset and I have also physically powered the box down and up again, but it is still happening. My software version is 2.02.34 dated 20/05/2015 to which I suspect the issue maybe related, as it was fine before that.

Anybody else having a similar problem?

| Fri 19 Jun 2015 19:14:48 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

westcandace

Hi
    We are having the same problem 3 times this week.Same model HDR1000.
    Dave

| Fri 19 Jun 2015 19:39:11 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

james007

Hi, Same problem. 2 or 3 times a day HDR1010S.
    James

| Sat 20 Jun 2015 11:57:21 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

westcandace

Obviously this is not a one off problem. So Humax address this issue and come up with a solution Please!

| Sat 20 Jun 2015 12:05:04 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

lbaker

Me too - mine has randomly switched itself off several times over the last week or so - hdr-1000s. I've only had it 3 weeks.

| Sat 20 Jun 2015 15:14:22 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

human

Me too. Brand new machine purchased from Currys on the 2nd June. In the last 3 or 4 evenings it started to "reset" itself while watching live TV. I wrote to Humax CS and the astonishing reply was -This is a feature that is built into the unit, not a fault.

You can disable it by following these steps:

> Press the Home button
    > Go to Settings
    > Go to System Settings
    > Go to Power Saving
    > Set Automatic power down to Off

Rubbish! Ok yes it was in fact selected ON by default (stupid feature) so I disabled it. Next the thing turns off after about 3 hours!!! DOH.

Now I found all you peeps have the same problem so Humax need to do a recall and fix this.
    Mine, I can just dump it at Curry's and get another one and keep on at them.
    However, just a possibility that my Netgear wifi extender could be the culprit. So I switched tonight onto the BT wifi directly to see if there's any improvement! Will report back here!

Admin Edit - email address removed.

| Sat 20 Jun 2015 19:10:42 #6 |
  7. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

human - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Me too. Brand new machine purchased from Currys on the 2nd June. In the last 3 or 4 evenings it started to "reset" itself while watching live TV. I wrote to Humax CS and the astonishing reply was -This is a feature that is built into the unit, not a fault.
    You can disable it by following these steps:
    > Press the Home button
    > Go to Settings
    > Go to System Settings
    > Go to Power Saving
    > Set Automatic power down to Off
    Rubbish! Ok yes it was in fact selected ON by default (stupid feature) so I disabled it. Next the effing thing turns off after about 3 hours!!! DOH.
    Now I found all you peeps have the same problem so Humax need to do a recall and fix this.
    Mine, I can just dump it at Curry's and get another one and keep on at them.
    However, just a possibility that my Netgear wifi extender could be the culprit. So I switched tonight onto the BT wifi directly to see if there's any improvement! Will report back here!

The auto standby feature after three hours is a EEC mandated feature.
    Curry's could give you another unit that will behave identically, until freesat & Humax locate the problem.

| Sat 20 Jun 2015 19:15:59 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

human

Repassac,

EEC mandated feature? My Sky + HD never had such a Narcoleptic behaviour!
    What is the point of it and why does it come enabled, rather than a customer option?
    Why wasn't this "feature" mentioned in reviews and descriptions by Humax?
    And anyways - having disabled said feature the box went sleeping again!
    It is undoubtedly an un admitted FAULT by Humax that needs to be corrected.
    So if there is a problem, as you say then why wasn't it published before I gave all my money to Curry's?
    It's like that Fiat 500 that simply couldn't go up a hill until Watchdog took the subject on, due to Fiat denying there was any fault! After that there was a recall!

| Sat 20 Jun 2015 19:50:16 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

human - 45 minutes ago  » 
    Repassac,
    EEC mandated feature? My Sky + HD never had such a Narcoleptic behaviour!
    What is the point of it and why does it come enabled, rather than a customer option?
    Why wasn't this "feature" mentioned in reviews and descriptions by Humax?
    And anyways - having disabled said feature the box went sleeping again!
    It is undoubtedly an un admitted FAULT by Humax that needs to be corrected.
    So if there is a problem, as you say then why wasn't it published before I gave all my money to Curry's?
    It's like that Fiat 500 that simply couldn't go up a hill until Watchdog took the subject on, due to Fiat denying there was any fault! After that there was a recall!

That's because Sky managed to find a loophole in the EEC energy saving regulations, arguing that the box wasn't a pvr unless you effectively rented the software by a subscription (Ever wondered why your Sky box booted near instantly, it's because the box is never truly in sby, everything is on apart from the video output). Your Sky box has cost you around £20.00-£30.00 in additional energy costs every year you owned it, apart from the pay through the nose money to enable the thing to record in the first place . Sky have finally provided a low power sby mode, trouble is it cannot record from this mode, which makes it kind of useless The way the Sky system works is it needs the lnb to be powered 24/7.

The cost to the environment of millions of Sky pvrs consuming more than 40 times as much as a box conforming to the regulations, is significant both in monetary terms and CO2 emissions. Before you argue I was a National Grid planning engineer for over 40yrs, and well aware of the cost to us all of supporting this totally unwarranted demand during the overnight period when few are actually using them.

Until the recent (apparently ill advised update), the box has performed reliably for years.

My box doesn't shut down after 3 hrs, it's been on for 11hrs today without being used without a reset. The nature of these bugs is very hard to find, no idea why mine isn't affected, but at least I am trying to find out why.

Incidentally I have a Foxsat-hdr since Nov 2008, lets say 6yrs. Had it been a Sky box it would have cost £10:00 every month to record free to air channels plus say an average of £25:00 in additional power every year. That means it's saved around £870.00 (less of course from the original purchase price). Seems a no brainer to me

| Sat 20 Jun 2015 20:49:13 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

" the box has performed reliably for years."

Hmmm...no. Every single s/w release over 3 years has brought with it problems exactly like this one.

| Sat 20 Jun 2015 21:27:21 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.