My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR1000 Repeatedly Going Into Standby

(62 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pollensa1946 - 30 minutes ago  » 
    " the box has performed reliably for years."
    Hmmm...no. Every single s/w release over 3 years has brought with it problems exactly like this one.

Not for me, I had one since the first release. Sure there have been odd issues but nothing like the current problems. The last issues were not firmware related, but largely down to Freesat's OD servers.

The last time we had issues similar to this was the incidence I referred to when the first recording of the day always failed.

I wasn't affected by loss of OD services other than for very short periods. For some reason older boxes seemed to be less affected. There was a perfectly good workaround for this, unlike the way the current issue seems to affect many. I have lost two recordings in dozens which may be related to the current problems.

| Sat 20 Jun 2015 22:00:38 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

human

This is incredible what is being said here tonight. It's not really happening. Am I to assume that there's no Freesat Box to be found out there that doesn't go into some European Regulations induced idiotic sleep mode in order to save us humans from ourselves?
    If Humax have a "system" built into their machines that sends it to sleep during us watching something, then equally Europe should compell it to declare this on the packaging, or Curry's to publish this nonsense.
    If mine continues to do this it's going back for a full refund.
    This is total madness!
    BTW, I always switched my Sky box off at the socket every night, until the next evening, so there was no extra wastage here!

| Sat 20 Jun 2015 22:22:46 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

deej78

Mine is turning off sporadically. Really annoying. It turns off during a recording which then shows as failed when I go to watch it. It turned off just before the qualifying climax on F1 today.

This needs fixing ASAP. I will be very very disappointed if this is a fix that's takes 3 months. In fact the experience I have had with this box over the past two years brings me to the division to never go Humax again.

| Sat 20 Jun 2015 22:37:23 #13 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

human - 11 minutes ago  » 
    This is incredible what is being said here tonight. It's not really happening. Am I to assume that there's no Freesat Box to be found out there that doesn't go into some European Regulations induced idiotic sleep mode in order to save us humans from ourselves?
    If Humax have a "system" built into their machines that sends it to sleep during us watching something, then equally Europe should compell it to declare this on the packaging, or Curry's to publish this nonsense.
    This is total madness!
    BTW, I always switched my Sky box off at the socket every night, until the next evening, so there was no extra wastage here!

Why do you think the EEC regulation is nonsense? If you have watched the same channel for 3 hours without any interaction with the unit is it not fair to think you have fallen asleep?

Sky units were exempted due to the "necessity" to decrypt signals. A big mistake.

The EEC regulation only dictate the initial default condition. If you had a Sky unit and it had the possibility of offering you two states of costing you £0 or an extra £25 p.a. I guess you would be happy with the extra £25 - I see you were not as you disconnected yours each night.?

| Sat 20 Jun 2015 22:39:40 #14 |
  5. launton

launton

It's not Curry's responsibility to inform customers of their products energy saving features. My roku, TV and PS3 all send themselves to sleep if they get no user input for 4 hours.

| Sat 20 Jun 2015 22:39:44 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

deej78

I like the power saving settings. They are excellent. What I don't like is an update which is crashing the whole box like a power out which is destructing functionality.

| Sat 20 Jun 2015 22:44:15 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

human - 5 minutes ago  » 
    This is total madness!

The regulations date pre 2008 when the sby power was quouted at 0.75Watts or less, subsequently reduced to 0.5W.

How hard is this to understand.

[b] YOUR CURRENT PROBLEMS ARE NOT IN ANY WAY RELATED.

This has been the situation for many years. Do you really think we would all have been using Humax Freesat+ and Freeview+ pvrs for years if this was an issue.

Had you had a Foxsat-hdr and turned it off overnight it wouldn't have worked for very long (It wakes up briefly to do essential updates in the early hours).

The Freeview+ modern pvrs continue to work with no issues with the required standby power limits.

If there is any problem here it's not down to the packaging, all pvrs have to conform, if they do not they cannot be sold in the EU.

I am sure if you look closely you will find a label confirming thst the kit confirms to the legal requirements for sale in the EU.

The problem relates to a problem with the current software release for HDR1000/1010S boxes.

What is madness is expecting to have a detailed report on all the relevant regulations for approval to sell any sort of electrical kit in the UK. You would need a rather large document.

Picking on one that you incorrectly assume is the source of your issues is the madness here. Do you have any sort of expertise in this field, from your post it appears not ?

This is an early document that eventually brought about the actual legislation.

http://www2.hull.ac.uk/science/pdf/gees_Eden%20E&PA%20commentary%20standby%20author's%20manuscript.pdf

| Sat 20 Jun 2015 22:45:07 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

deej78 - 16 minutes ago  » 
    I like the power saving settings. They are excellent. What I don't like is an update which is crashing the whole box like a power out which is destructing functionality.

That is a sentiment I can agree with

| Sat 20 Jun 2015 23:01:13 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

human

Some people here ASSUME too much!
    Who said that I have had no interaction or input for 3 or 4 hours?
    To the contrary. Changing channels, watching and subsequently deleting a recorded programme all within this period is exactly what I have been doing. The machine cuts out and goes to sby suddenly. Don't tell me I'm supposed to live with that. I paid £230 for this and I want to get what I thought I paid for. Some people here have a weird attitude. I accept if I don't touch a device for a prolonged period that it should turn off. This is NOT the case here!

| Sat 20 Jun 2015 23:02:51 #19 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

What is the problem with the unit turning itself off after 3 hours if no user interaction with it.

A message is displayed screen to warn the user, and if the user so desires it can be disabled - though why a user would want to do this beats me.

| Sat 20 Jun 2015 23:08:57 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.