My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR1100S no channels

(25 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

stuhog

Hi, I have an issue with my HDR1100s (500gB), where I lost some channels (weak or no signal being received was the displayed fault). BBC Scotland and Channel 4 were among some of the channels missing. This problem started 4 days ago (the box is only 2 weeks old). Today I have checked the dish alignment with meter and it also appears to be ok.

I decided to do a factory reset. When going through the start up after reset I now have no channels. Running through the setup procedure goes ok until channel search. The signal detect (step2) finds satellite signal and reports both tuners have good strength and quality. After postcode check, the next step shows channel search as 100% complete. There is no search happening - just goes straight to 100% complete.

I can switch to STB mode and find around 150 channels some of which are channels that were 'lost' when the original issue happened. Does anyone have any suggestions or possible causes for the issue I am having?
    Thanks

| Wed 6 Mar 2019 18:57:55 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Most likely reason is that for some reason you have lost access to the freesat home transponder.

In non freesat mode bring up manual tune and locate this transponder

11428 H 27500 2/3

What does the signal strength and quality say at the bottom of the screen.

If no signal power off and switch the two inputs. You may have lost a connection on one of the two inputs. Switching the inputs will show if this is the case.

| Wed 6 Mar 2019 19:04:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

stuhog

Thanks for the quick reply.

If I go to manual tune and select 11428 H 27500 2/3, there is no indication for signal strength or quality.

No channels are found if I try a search on this setting.

If I switch the inputs I get the same result.

| Wed 6 Mar 2019 19:15:20 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

stuhog

Should have mentioned that after 'factory reset', all recordings I had made were still available to watch. Not sure if this should be the case but I would have thought not..

| Wed 6 Mar 2019 19:26:39 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

stuhog - 4 minutes ago  » 
    Should have mentioned that after 'factory reset', all recordings I had made were still available to watch. Not sure if this should be the case but I would have thought not..

Factory reset does not affect your existing recordings only a hard disk format does that.

As you had issues there is number of possibilities. Water in the coax cables causes progressive loss of some transponders. Check the lnb end carefully for signs of water. If dry I would swap the lnb assuming the dish hasn't moved slightly during the recent high winds.

Till you sort out the home transponder signal you won't be able to restore Freesat working.

| Wed 6 Mar 2019 19:35:57 #5 |
  6. Trev

Trev

special member

How many channels should OP be getting in the non-Freesat mode? He says he has 150, which doesn't sound anywhere near enough.

| Wed 6 Mar 2019 20:25:02 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Trev - 4 minutes ago  » 
    How many channels should OP be getting in the non-Freesat mode? He says he has 150, which doesn't sound anywhere near enough.

Approx 470

https://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

| Wed 6 Mar 2019 20:29:17 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

stuhog

Carried out factory reset again ans switched box off for 30 mins. In STB mode I carried out a channel search and now have 417 channels which is way more than I previously had.

Still unable to get anything on freesat. Will try another dish alignment meter and check for water ingress tomorrow.

| Wed 6 Mar 2019 20:54:46 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

stuhog - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Carried out factory reset again ans switched box off for 30 mins. In STB mode I carried out a channel search and now have 417 channels which is way more than I previously had.
    Still unable to get anything on freesat. Will try another dish alignment meter and check for water ingress tomorrow.

If it's a cheap beeper type you are better off using the boxes metering.

Lets use a weaker Europe Beam Transponder.

Find 11170 H QPSK 22000 5/6 in manual tune. The aim is to get 100% quality

You will need help.

First of all optimise azimuth

Press gently on the back left side of the dish to move the azimuth left and wait for the tuner to respond, if the quality goes up you need to nudge the dish slightly left. repeat until pressing left and right reduces the quality.

Now use top and bottom in the same way to optimise elevation.

You should be able to get 100% quality (signal strength around 70% or so).

If you now check a UK spot transponder 100% signal and quality should be easily achievable.

You will need someone to call out the results.

| Wed 6 Mar 2019 21:15:28 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

stuhog

I had borrowed a Konig Satellite Finder meter. Tomorrow I will get a CRL sat-finder which is similar.

When you talk about using manual tune, I do not get a signal strength or quality reading on screen.

| Wed 6 Mar 2019 21:51:09 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.