My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Help section videos

(22 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Geoff_T

grahamlthompson - 5 hours ago  » 

Geoff_T - 1 hour ago  » 
    I don't need the help videos. It is just something I discovered didn't work before my reset, and I was using it as a test to see if the reset had improved anything and whether or not my specific box is faulty or if it is generic fault. But it is also proof of the lack of testing of the firmware. That is not trivial.

How hard is it to understand, the problem is very unlikely to be software (firmware) related. ? The resource it links to is just missing. Frankly fed up of bashing my head against a brick wall.
    I can detail some real bugs which you clearly have not even noticed. If you watch a recording in chasing playback and exit before the recording is completed, the resume feature doesn't work is one.
    This works on the other Humax pvrs incidentally.

Sorry if after 12 days of ownership I don't have a full understanding of every single bug that exists! I have simply been trying to understand whether my box is faulty and needs to go back, or if the problems are general. It is semantics as to whose fault anything is, the box still doesn't do what it should.

I have just got home to find that my TV guide is completely blank for all channels, so regardless of whether that is Humax or Freesat's fault, the box is going back. It is not fit for purpose.

| Wed 4 Jan 2017 18:22:24 #21 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

It is not fit for purpose.

An overused stupid phrase - 99% of the time used in completely the wrong context as in this case.

As OP states returning unit - thread closed.

| Wed 4 Jan 2017 19:44:00 #22 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.