JamesB

special member

2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

langlan - 3 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 52 seconds ago  » 

langlan - 5 minutes ago  » 
    Just to clarify, the 2.02.46 firmware alone made no difference for me. I couldn't even get the "FreeSat ID" Menu to work. It was only after flashing the "Receiver Data" beta update (from year 2013) HDR-1000S-1010S_Data.zip that it then suddenly started working.
    I think this Reciever Data may not be a software update. As after flashing it, my box remained on 2.02.46

The only possible explanation I can imagine is that you had missed a loader update, and that your very ancient software update had not got this. How did you get to this situation, with no updates since 2013 ?
    Any freetime box in service since 2013 should have updated automatically.

Got the box second hand the other day. It came with 2.02.07(If I remember correctly). So I do not know the history of the box, but OnDemand wasn't working from the word go. I manually updated to 2.02.46 using the USB in the hope this would resolve which it did not.
    So after countless attempts to get it working and trying absolutely everything (re-downloading and re-flashing again, factory resets, formats etc), I stumbled upon that receiver data file. Flashed it not expecting miracles and to my surprised it started working.

This is very perplexing.

If you have acquired a box recently which hasn't been used for some time as you post it may help to identify an issue with the rare boxes that have missed the OTA update sequence.

Based on your post I imagine you stumbled on the one upgrade that updated the loader.

Barry will no doubt know for anyone else in this situation (assuming this is the correct analysis), if this is the real solution,

| Fri 31 Jul 2015 22:27:07 #902 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

langlan

grahamlthompson - 59 seconds ago  » 

langlan - 3 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 52 seconds ago  » 

langlan - 5 minutes ago  » 
    Just to clarify, the 2.02.46 firmware alone made no difference for me. I couldn't even get the "FreeSat ID" Menu to work. It was only after flashing the "Receiver Data" beta update (from year 2013) HDR-1000S-1010S_Data.zip that it then suddenly started working.
    I think this Reciever Data may not be a software update. As after flashing it, my box remained on 2.02.46

The only possible explanation I can imagine is that you had missed a loader update, and that your very ancient software update had not got this. How did you get to this situation, with no updates since 2013 ?
    Any freetime box in service since 2013 should have updated automatically.

Got the box second hand the other day. It came with 2.02.07(If I remember correctly). So I do not know the history of the box, but OnDemand wasn't working from the word go. I manually updated to 2.02.46 using the USB in the hope this would resolve which it did not.
    So after countless attempts to get it working and trying absolutely everything (re-downloading and re-flashing again, factory resets, formats etc), I stumbled upon that receiver data file. Flashed it not expecting miracles and to my surprised it started working.

This is very perplexing.
    If you have acquired a box recently which hasn't been used for some time as you post it may help to identify an issue with the rare boxes that have missed the OTA update sequence.
    Based on your post I imagine you stumbled on the one upgrade that updated the loader.
    Barry will no doubt know for anyone else in this situation (assuming this is the correct analysis), if this is the real solution,

It's a shame I didn't note all the details including the loader version at the start before flashing any updates as that might have proved helpful.

I agree that perhaps my issue will be different from the majority. Most people will be long-term users who suddenly find it stops working and for them I suspect that just the latest FW will rectify the issues. The only reason I flashed the beta one was just as a last resort. I DO NOT suggest it as a fix, because at the end of the day it is what it is (a beta update and from 2013!!) - To be honest, I thought there would even be a chance it might brick the box rendering it a paperweight!

I am now just looking forward to experiencing FreeSat after all these years of being on a Sky subscription!

| Fri 31 Jul 2015 22:36:04 #903 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Twamly

Hi Langlan
    I just wanted to say a massive thank you finding the "Receiver Data" beta update. It has finally fixed my HDR-1000S.
    I've had no OnDemand or Showcase for a while and despite numerous attempts to fix it with factory resets, reboots, reformatting etc., nothing has worked. Even Humax technical support couldn't resolve it.
    Flashing it with the "HDR-1000S-1010S_Data" file made no difference to the software version numbers. I was running V2.02.46 software and 1.08 loader. After the update it was still V2.02.46 and 1.08, but it restored access to OnDemand and Showcase immediately.

Thanks again...

| Sun 9 Aug 2015 14:23:25 #904 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

I'd be interested to know if these user experiences have been drawn to the attention of Humax, and if so can we hope for a comment?

| Sun 9 Aug 2015 14:56:59 #905 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Using the receiver data file is much the same as carrying out a factory reset.

I recently posted re corrupt data and the need for a factory reset if users still have issues with on demand/showcase/epg channel logo's.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/new-software-version-20246-available/page/2#post-39761

| Sun 9 Aug 2015 17:44:24 #906 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Thanks Barry.

| Sun 9 Aug 2015 17:53:25 #907 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

bmck

Hi
    I bought a 1010S back in May.
    At first it worked fine, the On Demand feature was great... until the Freesat software update in July.
    That's when the On Demand and Showcase feature stopped working for good.
    I emailed Freesat and Humax support to ask for help.
    Freesat were quicker to respond, Humax, a few days later.

In the end, they didn't tell me anything I hadn't already read (and tried)in this 907 post thread, and Yes, I have read it all.

I tried everything to try and get On Demand back, I even bought a new router! Nothing worked.

The only option left was to return the Humax to the shop.
    That's what I did, and got a full refund (£229)
    I'm very disappointed at the Humax box, as I had read all the reviews etc and thought I was getting a top product, but I'm more disappointed at Freesat.
    My previous set-up was a HD TV, old Sky Digibox (with Sky Freesat card) and a VCR (remember them ? ) That's what I'm going back to, so, no HD but at least I'll be able to record again. I'm so glad that this was a bedroom set-up,and I hadn't binned my main living-room Sky HD for Freesat. At least Sky Plus works.

The purpose of my post is to thank all the users who contributed to this thread, trying to help other people with the same issue as me.

Also, I'm open to suggestions for a replacement set up to allow me to record again in HD.

Thanks again!

| Sat 19 Sep 2015 11:01:36 #908 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Are you sure you will be able to record with a "Sky Freesat card"?

| Sat 19 Sep 2015 12:36:56 #909 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

bmck

Hi Repassac
    If you mean with my old setup, Yeah, it's just an ordinary Sky Digibox, not a Sky Plus box.
    The VCR is connected to it and will record whichever (SD)channel the box is on...just like the old days

If you mean as part of any future replacement setup, I don't know, as the Humax didn't need a card.
    I haven't started researching other PVRs to replace the Humax, but aren't they all going to be card-free?
    Open to suggestions/recommendations.

Cheers

| Sat 19 Sep 2015 13:08:47 #910 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.