My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Hi Everyone

(46 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jim104

Thank you all for the useful information in your replies.
    Graham - the aerial is in the loft and is in line of sight of the transmitter.
    I tuned to Lcn 107 and the test signal returned 30% strength and 100 % quality. Chn 55 746000 kHz DVB-T2 8 MHz auto.
    I cannot see the colour of the end plug as its attached to a splitter box high up under the eaves.

Mars - The aerial was already installed at the house when I moved in 6 years ago. The main aerial feed goes through a splitter box (non powered) and feeds two other aerial points of which one is connected to a tv which receives signals and pictures satisfactorily. I previously had a humax box the one with two tuners, I never experienced picture breakup on that one and was looking (then) at the same channels as I am now, thats why this is baffling me.

James

| Tue 5 Jan 2021 11:11:14 #41 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Jim104 - 40 mins ago  » 
    Thank you all for the useful information in your replies.
    Graham - the aerial is in the loft and is in line of sight of the transmitter.
    I tuned to Lcn 107 and the test signal returned 30% strength and 100 % quality. Chn 55 746000 kHz DVB-T2 8 MHz auto.
    I cannot see the colour of the end plug as its attached to a splitter box high up under the eaves.
    Mars - The aerial was already installed at the house when I moved in 6 years ago. The main aerial feed goes through a splitter box (non powered) and feeds two other aerial points of which one is connected to a tv which receives signals and pictures satisfactorily. I previously had a humax box the one with two tuners, I never experienced picture breakup on that one and was looking (then) at the same channels as I am now, thats why this is baffling me.
    James

Passive Splitters reduce the signal level.

https://www.aerialsandtv.com/knowledge/splitters-amps-and-diplexers/aerial-splitters#splitter-loss

Check external coax cables carefully for damage to the outer cover. If they are not properly secured over edges wind movement can abrade the outer covering and let in water. This is particulary bad where the coax uses air spaced dialectric rather than solid foam.

Water greatly increases the cable losses. If you can replace external cables with double screened satellite grade Webro WF100 terminated using f connectors and water proof using silicon grease.

You can get f to Belling Lee adaptors where you need them

https://blusas.co.uk/mho.php?loc=https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LGWN814?tag=amz-mkt-chr-uk-21&tag=blusas008-21&ascsubtag=1ba00-01000-a0027-win10-other-nomod-uk000-pcomp-feature-scomp-wm-5&ref=aa_scomp

The end plug is on the aerial which you can presumably get to in the loft. They are pushed in to the open end of the boom. Group A aerials generally have a black plug. If I remember correctly wideband aerials use blue plugs.

See the gain of different aerials. The UHF carrier frequency is at the bottom of the graph

https://www.aerialsandtv.com/knowledge/aerials/atvs-aerial-gain-tests/atv-aerial-gain-tests-all-the-gain-curves

The DM log I recommended is the black dotted line.

| Tue 5 Jan 2021 12:07:30 #42 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jim104

Hi friends, am further confused now, please bear with me while I explain.
    My TV aerial enters the room from the loft it is routed firstly into the Aura box and then with the in out plugs to the TV.
    If I watch a public service channel BBC ITV etc I get good solid signals through the Aura box without any picture breakup.
    If I watch one of the Mux channels for instance Freeview Chen 20 (Drama) on the TV but through the Aura box I get pixelation and breakup of picture. This is consistent through the Mux channels.
    If I watch the same channel or other mux channels on the TV( LG OLED 55 ) the picture is stable without any breakup or problems.
    The Aura and the TV return the same signal and quality figures.
    It matters not whether the Aura box is on or off.
    I am coming to the conclusion that the Aura box has a defect.
    Any thoughts people ???
    Cheers James

| Wed 13 Jan 2021 22:20:39 #43 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Neil4001

Jim104 - 10 hours ago  » 
    Hi friends, am further confused now, please bear with me while I explain.
    My TV aerial enters the room from the loft it is routed firstly into the Aura box and then with the in out plugs to the TV.
    If I watch a public service channel BBC ITV etc I get good solid signals through the Aura box without any picture breakup.
    If I watch one of the Mux channels for instance Freeview Chen 20 (Drama) on the TV but through the Aura box I get pixelation and breakup of picture. This is consistent through the Mux channels.
    If I watch the same channel or other mux channels on the TV( LG OLED 55 ) the picture is stable without any breakup or problems.
    It matters not whether the Aura box is on or off.
    I am coming to the conclusion that the Aura box has a defect.
    Any thoughts people ???
    Cheers James

Have you tried a different cable between the Aura and the TV?

| Thu 14 Jan 2021 8:35:46 #44 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Jim104 - 12 hours ago  » 
    This is consistent through the Mux channels.

I am not familiar with the term "Mux channels"; please could you clarify which of the multiplexes you are describing?

Please could you tell us the signal strength and quality figures for each of the multiplexes?

| Thu 14 Jan 2021 11:16:45 #45 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Jim104

Hi Martin
    TV Data
    Channel. Signal. Quality
    39. 94. 100
    40. 97. 100
    42. 95. 100
    43. 96. 100
    45. 96. 100
    46. 98. 100