My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Humax FVP 4000T failed recordings.

(18 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

TrancePants - 1 day ago  » 
    I've set a timer as you suggested. Hopefully it'll work as it's the last chance for the 4000t before it get smashed up! It's been driving my crazy since it had that update to bring some of the 5000t features, maybe that's the problem?
    Any suggestions for a freeview recorder that just works?
    Panasonic ?

Not sure what you expect extra from the 5000T. Both are virtually identical other than minor hardware differences.
    u
    What problem did you have with the 4000T that you thought the the 4000T would solve ?

If a 5000T has the same issues as a 4000T over a 4000T, you should look to a local issue.

Somme 4000T owners already confirmed that 4000T owners were able to install the 5000T software when Humax released it, and it worked with so far no posted issues.

How is the box connected to your broadband router ?

Who provides your broadband services ?

| Tue 25 Dec 2018 21:32:21 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

TrancePants

Left the 4000t for a few days since doing daily timer, just checked it, had to do a power cable pull (no surprise there) also all the recordings have failed. Being connected to the router by cable/wifi or not even using the connected feature makes no difference. If I don't personally power on the heap of junk daily all recordings fail.

Currently looking into getting another recorder that actually works reliably unlike the problematic 4000t as it's not fit for purpose.

As I stated already the mass of problems started when the 4000t had the update that gave it the same features as the 5000t

| Wed 26 Dec 2018 11:45:45 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dogtanian

I have the 5000t box and have been having the same issue over the last few days, recordings fail due to power failure? Been away so the box wasn't powered on everyday but was left in standby.

Also the box says there is no signal on certain channels even though the TV is showing them fine and the TV gets the signal via the 5000t box

| Mon 31 Dec 2018 18:58:19 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

Are you certain the recording isn't there?

My 4000T often gives me a drop-down window which states the recording has failed due to a power failure (and sometimes due to no signal??).

If I continue to watch the recording starts OK a few seconds later. I have never actually lost a recording.

| Mon 31 Dec 2018 19:10:42 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

dogtanian - 27 minutes ago  » 
    Also the box says there is no signal on certain channels even though the TV is showing them fine and the TV gets the signal via the 5000t box

That sounds as though the box may not be correctly tuned. Try doing a manual tune using these instructions from the FAQ https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/manual-tuning-instructions-1 If that doesn't resolve the problem then post the signal strength and quality whilst tuned to BBC 1.

| Mon 31 Dec 2018 19:28:35 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

dogtanian

Thanks for the info, I did a reset in the end (but not formatting the HDD) and I am pleased to say it now working ok

| Thu 3 Jan 2019 17:16:23 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JohnH77

special member

I never watch anything live so I record everything. I have never had a recording fail.

It could be caused by not using the box for a week.

If the Humax is not used, it does not update the EPG so it stops recording because it does not get the information needed. The workaround is to use the Auto ON/OFF to switch it on for 15 mins each day which fully populates the EPG.

| Mon 14 Jan 2019 1:37:46 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

fangorn59

I had the same problem since Christmas - but I then discovered that I needed to update to the latest software (Settings/System Settings/System Information/Check New Software) and that I needed a channel re-tune. I have often had problems with auto tuning so I tend to do a manual re-tune after a factory re-set. Also the channels had changed on my local transmitter, so I had to tune to different channels than previously. Once I had done all this then recording worked again, and the EPG was populated correctly.

| Mon 21 Jan 2019 13:39:21 #18 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.