My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

How to solve "Not supported file format"/

(81 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

Well, after 4 long phone calls, (some quite forceful), JL are sending out an associated troubleshooter next week. ISTM, that there stance is dictated by subservience to Humax, more than service to the customer.

But lex sodorum is in play. My internet is seriously on the blink, so testing ON Demand might be frustrated.

| Sat 22 Apr 2017 11:32:54 #61 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

Troubleshooter could not solve, so he is reporting box for repair/ replacement. I have to take box to nearest JL store, and get another one (loan or replacement).

| Wed 26 Apr 2017 16:23:41 #62 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

Humax are replacing the box (no explanation) and I am to receive it sometime next week.

| Fri 5 May 2017 23:05:33 #63 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

New box came today. However something must have happened without the box.
    Previously both signal strength and quality on both channels had been very good. When I set up the new box one channel's signal had deteriorated considerably and the other was non-existent. Thinking the F-connectors may not be tightly fixed, I tested and ensured they were firmly in the back of the box. Now Humax set up, after a good half hour has given up, telling me of a weak signal and to ensure cables firm or contact a pro.

Yesterday the loan was receiving good signals. I know that nearby trees do have intermittent effects, but so much within twenty four hours?

Have I got another dud box, or is it more likely to be the satellite connection?

Thoughts, please!

| Thu 11 May 2017 19:53:06 #64 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Your lnb could be failing.

| Thu 11 May 2017 20:09:38 #65 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

I feared something like that. As usual there'll be no one available to after weekend!

In the package there's a little plastic spanner, that doesn't seem to fit anything. Do you know what it's for?

| Fri 12 May 2017 10:18:09 #66 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If it's 11mm at a guess it's for the f connector.

| Fri 12 May 2017 10:49:29 #67 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

cerclebois - what unit do you have a HDR-1100S? Please confirm as your posts can be moved to the correct thread.

Did you refit the F-connectors on the cable ensuring the inner and other cores do not touch and the outer core is in good contact with the base of the F-connector? I think you said you made sure they were in the back of the box, poorly fitted F-connectors are the firstly thing that jumps to mind with sudden loss of signal.

You mentioned two channels, I think you ment tuners?
    Did you unit manage the freesat tune which is part of the first install? If so how many channels did it find?

| Fri 12 May 2017 11:15:26 #68 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

cerclebois

special member

Yes, it's an 1100S PVR.
    Theinner and outer cores are like r.h. , but with much less braid showing. In that respect it's no different than it was when all working properly. The inner core has a good amount protruding for insertion.

Yes, tuners; I had age related word failure!

Did you unit manage the Freesat tune
    Sorry, not sure what you mean by "unit manage". However, I started set-up. The first time round it found a tuner with good strength but less quality than while the loan loan box was in situ, but nothing on the second tuner.

That was when I rechecked connectors and cores, but again a long tuner search failed. With same repeated actions as before I tried tonight with same outcome. BTW timer clock is an hour slow.

Man out Monday, I think!

| Fri 12 May 2017 20:44:40 #69 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

There are two 1100S's - a HDR-1000S and a HB-1100S. Which?
    The first has two LNB connectons, the second one connection.

During initial setup - how many connections were detected (A message was displayed).

"much less braid showing" The braid MUST make contact with the bottom of the F-connector to make an electrical circuit.

The clock will auto correct in due course.

| Sat 13 May 2017 7:00:17 #70 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.