My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

How to stop HDPVR 1000C display connection info?

(17 posts)
  1. Trev

Trev

special member

sa11e - 5 hours ago  » 
    I am in Finland, but don't know much Finnish...

That's good as neither do most of us here. ;=)

| Tue 26 May 2020 14:57:02 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Trev - 1 hour ago  » 

sa11e - 5 hours ago  » 
    I am in Finland, but don't know much Finnish...

That's good as neither do most of us here. ;=)

Look carefully at the scart sockets. RGB ones usually are marked RGB. Google translate should be able to translate Finnish to English.

| Tue 26 May 2020 16:51:26 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

sa11e

Thanks for your replies - and for pointing me to the information on how to resize images on Chromebook

According to the user guide so is HDMI the best connection, but I don't have a full-HD TV, so that is not so important.
    My issue is about this information about the "enabled connections" being shown 10-15 per minute sometimes.
    All I want is some setting/switch to turn those off.

Attachments

1. IMG_20200525_170056_-_Edited-01_-_Edit.jpg (86.1 KB, 0 downloads) 3 years old
    2. Screenshot_2020-05-26_at_20.20.10_-_Ed.png (28.5 KB, 0 downloads) 3 years old
    | Tue 26 May 2020 18:24:44 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

This is probably of no help but on the FVP models under General settings>Video there are 4 settings:

Screen ratio
    Display format
    Resolution
    SD Output

The last setting (SD output) controls whether output is supplied to the component video sockets. SD output off means no signal to component video. Maybe there is a similar setting on your box?

| Tue 26 May 2020 19:19:28 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Component output on PVR's is rare. The last one I had was the excellent Topfield models from OZ.

I do not re-collect any of the current boxes having component YPbPr output including the FVP models.

Positive there are no component outputs on a FVP model. All you get is composite - CVBS - (yellow) and stereo analogue audio (red/white).

The topfield models could switch the scart output to provide RGB or component but not both at the same time.

RGB is much more common with synch being provided using the CVBS pins on a scart cable. So Component uses 3 connections for video with synch on yellow. RGB needs 4 ignoring audio.

In fact most all digital sources use component colour space to save bandwith. This includes DVD.

| Tue 26 May 2020 19:26:57 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

sa11e

Martin Liddle - 1 hour ago  » 
    This is probably of no help but on the FVP models under General settings>Video there are 4 settings:
    Screen ratio
    Display format
    Resolution
    SD Output
    The last setting (SD output) controls whether output is supplied to the component video sockets. SD output off means no signal to component video. Maybe there is a similar setting on your box?

I now started to check the different settings and found some set to RGB, and then from the manual I found that there is also a button for that on the back of the box. (I will dig out the box itself from my shelf tomorrow and see what it is set to. This might be the solution

Attachments

1. Screenshot_2020-05-26_at_22.46.02_-_Ed.png (86.9 KB, 0 downloads) 3 years old
    | Tue 26 May 2020 20:51:34 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

sa11e

OK, I believe that I have found the reason for the issue!
    The "Component Select" button on the back of the PVR seemed to have been in-between the two options.
    Switching between the options the information notes I wanted to get rid of are displayed on the TV.
    I now firmly set it to YPbPr, which according to the user guide is the default.

Thanks for your suggestions and comments!

Attachments

1. Screenshot_2020-05-27_at_07.48.04_-_Ed.png (20.6 KB, 0 downloads) 3 years old
    | Wed 27 May 2020 5:52:37 #17 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.