My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

Humax 1000 stops working and have to cold start

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Haircut

I now find that I am sometimes unable to switch on my machine and have to do a cold start. The button is orange and will not switch on without doing a cold start. Last night a 2.5 hours recording of 'Strictly' stopped recording after 2 hours and again I had to do a cold start. My wife was not happy. Any ideas.

| Sun 17 Dec 2017 11:10:55 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

An orange button on a HDR1000S. Where?

| Sun 17 Dec 2017 11:42:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Haircut

The machine is a DTR-T1000. It has a large button on front with an orange glow around it when on standby. When pressed to switch on it glows blue. Mine sometimes wont switch on and I have to do a cold start.

Admin Edit: Moved to correct area of Forum

| Sun 17 Dec 2017 11:56:17 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Not convinced this will help but...

There are a couple of things you could try see this FAQ.

| Sun 17 Dec 2017 13:39:42 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Haircut

Thanks for that Barry. I was worried that a factory reset would lose all recordings, but I see there is an option not to. I will wait a few days to see if the fault happens again then if it does I will give that a go.

| Sun 17 Dec 2017 14:01:11 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Haircut - 5 hours ago  » 
    The machine is a DTR-T1000. It has a large button on front with an orange glow around it when on standby. When pressed to switch on it glows blue. Mine sometimes wont switch on and I have to do a cold start.

Problems coming out of standby are a commonly reported problem on the DTR-T1000. My guess is that it will slowly get worse and eventually refuse to start up. The common notion is that this is a hardware problem and some people (but not all who have tried) have been able to fix the problem by changing capacitors but this does need a fair bit of technical knowledge.

| Sun 17 Dec 2017 17:45:18 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Haircut

Thanks Martin. If it does it more often I will try Barry's fix above, but if that does not work a new machine beckons as SWMBO will not want to miss progs.

| Sun 17 Dec 2017 17:51:09 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.