My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

Humax and freeview play

(102 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Luke - 5 minutes ago  » 
    They took the existing design of the Aussie 4Tune HMS-1000T which has been available since spring of 2014 in Australia and has also been used for the German ICord Evolution. Which is nice to know as they have probably improved it since the first iteration

Not so sure about that as initial firmware for the 4000T was not to good, to put it politely.

When I fed back my initial impressions of the 4000T over 2 months ago they were met with a certain amount of disbelief as no one from those areas had made any mention of them - perhaps they are more receptive to change then we are?

However, having a unit for a while, and with firmware 1.00.59 it is my default PVR presently (I have freesat freetime connected to same TV)

| Tue 20 Oct 2015 10:59:53 #91 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Seems my box has died, there's no red light, won't turn on and it's making a high pitched buzzing noise.
    Have removed from mains, but buzzing noise returns on plugging back in and still won't turn on.
    Looks like back to Currys it goes.

| Tue 20 Oct 2015 18:30:55 #92 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Barry - 9 hours ago  » 

Luke - 5 minutes ago  » 
    They took the existing design of the Aussie 4Tune HMS-1000T which has been available since spring of 2014 in Australia and has also been used for the German ICord Evolution. Which is nice to know as they have probably improved it since the first iteration

Not so sure about that as initial firmware for the 4000T was not to good, to put it politely.
    When I fed back my initial impressions of the 4000T over 2 months ago they were met with a certain amount of disbelief as no one from those areas had made any mention of them - perhaps they are more receptive to change then we are?
    However, having a unit for a while, and with firmware 1.00.59 it is my default PVR presently (I have freesat freetime connected to same TV)

I was being a bit tongue on cheek. But to be honest I wasn't being fair.

The FVP-4000T would have had to pick up the UI way before launch and it may just have been a straight copy resulting in two different branches of evolution, or three if you count the ICord Evolution as well). Any updates to one branch may have to be repeated independently in the other branch for them to take effect especially as the knock on effects of what initially appears to be the same update could be very different because of the regional differences.

| Tue 20 Oct 2015 20:22:41 #93 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Barry - 9 hours ago  » 

I suspect that in Australia and Germany there is less competition than the UK for DTT recorders.

I saw one Aussie post that they liked the implementation of the skip function because they had been using a Tivo that had no skip at all.

| Tue 20 Oct 2015 20:28:52 #94 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

surfer

Something else....Favourites you can select your own but how do you go about then using them ? I cant see any where or how of seeing my favourite channels!

Also in the tv guide I have noticed a few programs don't show up until you scroll through and then it shows them, its like a program that's at 8pm is getting over lapped with the 9pm one.

Why have a "TV Guide" selection in the "Home" section ?...There is a dedicated button for TV Guide right below the home button!!!

Still have major problems with my sound, have to leave my unit on all the time to have my sound working, at least the unit has a timer function, so its not running 24/7

I do love the quality of the recordings though, and so far with padding set to "auto" the recordings have started spot! Also the general speed of review play and fwd jump are faster acting than my Panasonic unit.

| Wed 21 Oct 2015 8:53:11 #95 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

surfer - 14 minutes ago  » 
    Something else....Favourites you can select your own but how do you go about then using them ? I cant see any where or how of seeing my favourite channels!

Our FAQ is your friend

Link to FAQ

| Wed 21 Oct 2015 9:13:38 #96 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

surfer

Hi Barry, thanks for that, for some reason my favourites were not saved, now its working and i can access them!

| Wed 21 Oct 2015 9:41:29 #97 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Just saw a nice straightforward ad for the FP Panasonic TV. No dystopia tropes, and the EPG looks quite attractive. Miles better than the guide on my Panasonic STB.

| Wed 21 Oct 2015 20:01:01 #98 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pwilliams

despite the negative reviews, it can't, surely be as unreliable as the hitachi free view recorder that I have now.
    my problem is, where can I see one powered up and working in the London area, (travel no problem)before I make the final decision ?
    plenty of sources selling on the 'click and collect' principle, but no physical stock
    trying to find a dealer via humax's 'dealer locator' section on the website is impossible as selecting (E.G.) marble arch as a location returns a '0,000000000,0.00000000 invalid address' error, as do all the other towns and cities listed. HELP !

| Tue 3 Nov 2015 0:01:09 #99 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Richer Sounds, John Lewis?

| Tue 3 Nov 2015 0:04:35 #100 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.