My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax Aura and Denon X3700H AVR (AV Receiver)

(10 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

AlanGMather

I want to experience Dolby ATMOS through my home cinema from my Humax Aura. My home cinema is centred around a Denon X3700)H AVR (AV Receiver). It has various HDMI inputs including one for CABL/SAT, which I'm thinking might be the one to use. I currently have a Zidoo Player box attached to a NAS and the Denon unit to stream video to my TV . My question is - Should I plug the Humax into the CABL/SAT input on the Denon AVR?

| Thu 22 Sep 2022 10:05:24 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

The name/label of the input is irrelevant, its only for convenience.
    What is important is the capabilities of the input, hdmi 1.4/2.0/arc/earc etc.

| Thu 22 Sep 2022 10:11:12 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

AlanGMather

This is the back view of the Denon AVR/Users/alanmather/Desktop/set-top box.png

Attachments

1. set-top_box.png (296.6 KB, 11 downloads) 1 year old
    | Thu 22 Sep 2022 10:17:41 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

AlanGMather

I understand. The CABL/SAT is a 4K input. I have 1 8K input used for the Zidoo box. The CABL/SAT marked input should Abe the one to use. Do you agree. My TV is connected to the ARC output.

| Thu 22 Sep 2022 10:22:25 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

AlanGMather

I am expecting delivery of the Humax box today, s am researching method of connection. There is no point in connecting it direct to the TV/ Do you agree?

| Thu 22 Sep 2022 10:28:15 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

It doesn't matter which input you use as long as it is the correct specification.
    The label is for convenience and corresponds with the button on the remote.
    So just plug it in.

| Thu 22 Sep 2022 10:28:34 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

But be prepared for an awful lot of frustration and disappointment (as per numerous posts in this forum).

| Thu 22 Sep 2022 10:47:16 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

desm52

AlanGMather - 1 day ago  » 
    I understand. The CABL/SAT is a 4K input. I have 1 8K input used for the Zidoo box. The CABL/SAT marked input should Abe the one to use. Do you agree. My TV is connected to the ARC output.

As you are using Arc to connect to the TV you can connect your aura directly to the TV and the sound will go over the Arc connection.

| Fri 23 Sep 2022 21:39:11 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

SSThing

special member

desm52 - 10 hours ago  » 

AlanGMather - 1 day ago  » 

As you are using Arc to connect to the TV you can connect your aura directly to the TV and the sound will go over the Arc connection.

Normally that would be correct.
    However, in this case the TV will need to be Atmos certified and also capable of Atmos passthrough, so best to check first.

| Sat 24 Sep 2022 8:06:19 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

AlanGMather

Thank you all for your replies.
    I have connected the Humax box to the CABL/SAT HDMI Input on my AVR, and that is working fine. That is the sensible way to go as the AVR hand controller is labelled for aerial TV input.
    I'm in the UK so using Freeview through a 4K internal aerial (the transmitter is easily in good range, and no hills between). I'm connected to a 4G Huawei router for internet and I'm getting all the HD TV Channels for my area. All the catchup channels such as BBC iPlayer and All4 are logged into and great.

(Yes,as you can see, I've got rid of expensive cable TV and internet)
    Virgin was a pain in the ass,; sometimes no service, picture pixilation, and an old Virgin box that they would not replace without a big payment, and which new sign ons get free. big hikes in their charges too. Now I'm free of all this agro. The Humax box is a godsend!

I don't know yet if ATMOS is happening from the Humax. Not really sure how to test this.
    Any ideas?

Note: I do have full surround sound with 7.1 ATMOS through the AVR from my NAS Library to a Zidoo Z10 Pro box, my AVR and my 12 speaker theatre system. And that is truly amazing.

| Fri 30 Sep 2022 11:33:59 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.