My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Humax aura issues

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Originalgavman

I have had an aura for a couple of years, recently it started failing recordings with a power failure issue but also had issues playing back existing recordings so I decided to do a factory reset from the menu. Whilst that all went well, I could not get my remote to pair via Bluetooth. I also could not reset the remote from instructions from this forum. I reached out to the supplier and they came back with the same instructions but crucially, I should remove the old batteries first, press the power button multiple times to completly discharge the remote and then insert new batteries. I was then able to reset the remote by holding the large power button and the red button (not the record button) and I got the 3 red flashes. I was then able to pair the remote by holding OK and I (1 foot from the aura box) and the Bluetooth pairing was restored. I thought this might be useful to others as I wasted ages trying to get the remote paired / reset, I assume it has some built in protection to a reset if the voltage of the batteries has dropped too low.

| Thu 18 May 2023 16:07:16 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Originalgavman

This was their full reply,

Thank you for contacting Humax, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with your Humax equipment.

Please try the below troubleshooting steps in order
    1.Remove the used/old batteries on the remote
    2.Press the ON/OFF button multiple times, this is to discharge any electricity inside the remote
    3.Insert a fresh pair of batteries in the remote

You can reset the remote control to the factory default settings.
    1. Direct the remote control to your box.
    2. Press the Power and RED buttons at the same time for 5 seconds until the red LED blinks three times. All the settings will be reset.
    3. With the default settings, the remote control will operate in IR mode.

If the above didn't solve it, you will most likely need to access the Android Recovery Menu.

How to access Android Recovery Menu should you experience problems with unit/remote?

Disconnect power from unit, reapply power at the same time pressing the power button on top of unit for 15 seconds, you should see Humax splash screen on tv, followed by the recovery menu.
    Using remote or buttons on the box scroll down to option 3 wipe data/factory reset and press OK, reboot will be highlighted, press OK
    Your unit will then restart.

It is possible that this might delete the recordings that you have, if there is a message that says it wont delete them, then freely proceed with it. Afterwards, you will have to go through setting up the box again, and then pair the new remote with the box.
    The reason for this is because the remote isn't pairing properly with the device, this will most likely fix it.

Hope this helps resolve the issue .

| Thu 18 May 2023 16:09:20 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mwwood

Dear humax I have over the years purchased 3 Humax recorders and after 4 years of paying £10.00 per month for my virgin 360 box for freeview channels I decided to purchase the aura ,IM Pleased with it but I pay a subscription to Britbox is there a way to download the app yours
    Michael Wood

| Thu 1 Jun 2023 14:49:25 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

kr002

special member

mwwood - 1 hour ago  » 
    Dear humax I have over the years purchased 3 Humax recorders and after 4 years of paying £10.00 per month for my virgin 360 box for freeview channels I decided to purchase the aura ,IM Pleased with it but I pay a subscription to Britbox is there a way to download the app yours
    Michael Wood

This forum has nothing to do with the company
    P.S. - they don’t care anymore

| Thu 1 Jun 2023 16:44:01 #4 |
  5. Mars

Mars

special member

mwwood - 2 hours ago  » 
    Michael Wood

You won't get a reply from Humax. Apparently, according to the Britbox website, ITVX is the new home of Britbox, and the ITVX app is available on the Aura.

| Thu 1 Jun 2023 17:05:08 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

ckc123

I received my Aura yesterday and have wasted most of today trying to get it working.
    This box is my fifth Humax box and a complete disaster. I could only get the remote working by disabling bluetooth.
    It won't let me access Freeview menus as it says it isn't connected to the internet even though it is. The freeview presences menu keeps freezing.
    Aura is piece of *** and I'm going to use distance selling regulations to get my money back.

| Fri 9 Jun 2023 22:37:08 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

mwwood

I thought the aura was the bees knee's but not so as I Have had mine since May, pixelating on some channels even though I have replaced the aerial, So I did a test on the so called 3 tuners but its showing only one working, I have contacted Humax
    and awaiting a reply.

| Sun 18 Jun 2023 18:52:27 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

mwwood - 2 hours ago  » 
    So I did a test on the so called 3 tuners but its showing only one working, I have contacted Humax
    and awaiting a reply.

You will only see the tuners that are in use. Try setting simultaneous recordings for BBC1 HD, BBC2 SD and ITV1 SD and you should see all three tuners in use.

| Sun 18 Jun 2023 20:57:35 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

kr002

special member

Martin Liddle - 20 hours ago  » 

mwwood - 2 hours ago  » 
    So I did a test on the so called 3 tuners but its showing only one working, I have contacted Humax
    and awaiting a reply.

You will only see the tuners that are in use. Try setting simultaneous recordings for BBC1 HD, BBC2 SD and ITV1 SD and you should see all three tuners in use.

You can record 4 channels at the same time

| Mon 19 Jun 2023 17:56:54 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

kr002 - 18 mins ago  » 
    You can record 4 channels at the same time

True but there are only three tuners.

| Mon 19 Jun 2023 18:16:20 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.